Silent Hill vs. Resident Evil

Rag

Which do you like better?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I like both games. They are both great to play at nite with lights off :P But, since I've known Resident Evil for longer, I'm going with that. I still remember the days when I'd play with an older friend of mine. He'd be fine but I'd have nightmares :lol: Loooong time ago.

Edited by Rag

I remember playing both these games and I say I'm going for Resident Evil for 1 reason only.

Silent Hill = Half monsters that can't be seen half the time bcuz they're hiding.

Resident Evil = Zombies that are slow moving target practices...I like! :P

The main reason why I went with RE is cuz I remembered the cheesy voice acting in the first and second ones in the series -- anyone remember? Some hated it, but I thought it was hilarious and added to the game. LOL

Yeah so in terms of scare factor, RE is not even on my radar, but I do like it for overall fun.

Also, in the SH series I'd be doing alot of walking around encountering pretty much nothing while hearing these supposed "spooky" sounds. It may be disturbing at first, but once you've played through the game, you sort of get used to it and it can become boring. While in RE, even if you've played through the game and so the element of surprise is no longer there, you can still have fun blasting some zombies.

Silent hill's had a way better story(as long as you understand it, funny that some people didnt.), and its atmosphere had a sort of realism to it so I like it a little better.

Resident evil 1 and Code Veronica were exellent, part 2 was good. Nemisis was a casual gamers piece of crap. This is why the film didnt turn out as good as it should have been, the guy who wrote the script had only played Nemisis. Didnt play Res zero for very long.

Silent Hill is easily the better of the two for the genre.

Resident Evil has the "one-time shockers" where they give you a good scare the first playthrough but are nowhere near as frightening the second time through.

Meanwhile, Silent Hill's scare factor comes from overall ambience (mainly sound) and never a particular scripted moment. That's why playing Silent Hill in your room at night with the lights out is as scary the 10th time as it was the 1st. It's rare when a game's sound defines it, especially in an age where visuals get top dollar.

Both series are great, but Silent Hill sorta revolutionized the genre while Resident Evil is still stuck in the same hole. The least Capcom could do is get some decent voice actors to dub the lines. Capcom has the worst reputation for voice acting. Konami would have but were saved by Metal Gear Solid.

Truthfully, I think you should have put clock tower in there.

The third one wasn't very scary at all, but I still have nightmares about the Scissorman :blink:

He's just so scary...

The whole game is just incredibly scary...

I voted resident evil though, because...I dunno, the babes are hot.

Clocktower! :blink: I played the one on snes, which I think was only released in Japan. I just got the rom, and some translation team translated the whole thing and put out a patch for it.

Pretty entertaining, considering the one I played was on snes. Yeah, and I love that music that just suddenly plays when Scissorman is nearby.

Edited by Captain FuKu

I haven't played Silent hill..so I went for RE!

I finished RE3 the other day ( finally ) and my brother said that there is a NUDE

cheat but I cannot seem to find it...