Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

I've got the Jap version of Street Fighter 3rd Strike, but I can't read a single character of Japanese. I was wondering if you can play this game online in North America and if it costs anything...does anyone know what the menus say?

depends, if your DC goes online, and the Server for this game is still up in japan, then yes, you can, and its free, same for alot of other games, after the DC was shut down, they stopped bothering with security :rolleyes:

Ill get my Japanese friend to translate and tell you what to do soon...until then, keep guessing hehe

If the server is still up you could play online....but you'd have to call to japan which would be rather expensive :D.

It's a shame though, it always makes me sad to see the online option in japanese fighting games and not be able to play them. Out of my head we missed out on MvC 2, SFIII:ST, SSF2X, SPF2X, SFA3 and Vampire Chronicles online in the west, and probably many more I forgot :D.

Would I really have to call Japan? Wouldn't I just use normal dial up and connect to the server? Like im saying im using the internet now...but to connect to a japanese site across the world...it wouldn't cost anything.

No, the way I understand it is when you connect through the game it calls directly to the server which is in japan. I'm still hoping that someone will develope something that will allow us to use these games with something like kaillera, though I don't know if that's even possible.

BAH!!! you all lie...

you dial up to your ISP, your connected to the internet

then you can connect to the Japan server and no more dialing or long distance

what you are saying right now is pretty much like saying, if i connected to the internet and downloaded something on a japanese server it would cost me money, not the case at all

doesnt mean crap where your connected just make sure your connected to a local ISP and it wost cost you jack