King of Fighters 2003 News II

Alpha

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snk_Playmore are not happy and gonna take legal action against Mame which BTW playes these images flawlessly...

They can do nothing to MAME. Personal MAME builds are not to be distributed to ANYONE. MAME already showed some responsibility by removing even the testdrivers from the source code many many versions ago. Any new game must be supported either by handwritten drivers or copying them from older MAME builds' source code if you can find them.

This isn't MAME's fault at all. It's the fault of idiots who chose MAME to compile and distribute, which is very much in violation of MAME's EULA. Phuck-IGN, for example, could get into a sh*tload of trouble just based on the fact they offer a "members build" of MAME that supports svc, samsho5, and mslug5.

Well I went to #retrogames and saw atila and others who were mentioned to have the rom. I innocently asked if anyone there had it, just to see what would happen. I asked:

"Does anyone here have the kof2k3 rom?"

They then all played stupid, saying lame crap like "what's a kof2k3? I have kol2004 lol" then they banned me and told me to go to #bearcave.

Man, to hell with those rom hoarding bastards, i wish i could tell Playmore on them, so they would get arrested...