[1/10/04] Castlevania Symphony of the night

Game name: Castlevania Symphony of the night

System: Playstation

Emulators: ePSXe, bleem, Connectix

Genre: Platform/RPG

Company: Konami

This game is one of the best games i ever played. The game graphics are in 2d, and they are very good one. First you satrt with Richter Belmont, from the Belmont vamp hunter famous house in a short level with Dracula as Boss, it is important to get a good perfromance since that will set your initilal stats. You play as Dracula´s son Alucard (if you read it backwards it is Dracula <_< ) and you will have to go through the castle of you know who. The gameplay is smooth and you can perform many actions, you will learn vamp abilities that consume magic points which includessome magics and the ability to transform yourself into a wolf, a bat or mist, depending on your weapons you will be able to make up to two special moves that consume no MP. In addition you will get four familiars that will help you but you can only have one active, these familiars are a faerie, a skull, a demon, a vampire and a sword, when any of this familiars get to level 50 their abilities will increase and for example, with the sword familiar you wil be able to use it as your weapon and also to make a special attack. What it makes this game outstanging in the playability aspect is that the equipment you are wearing affects a lot to your char and according to where you are you will need change from ine piece of equipment to another and i not like the other games where you just wear the most expensive equipment until you get another even more expensive. Besides most of your eqipment you have to get it form your enemies and you can´t buy it so it is harder than just collecting enough money. The graphics are cool with some really good drawings and the suond is also cool. When you finished the game you are enabled to play as richter Belmont andit is a very difficult challenge, besides yu can´t use equipment like with alufcard and dialogs aren´t available for him, like it sort of got out of the final version but still can play iwth him ( to do it, after you finish the game with more than 95% start a new game and in the name input write RICHTER, easy, no?). If you like platform games or RPG ones this game is a MUST

Screenshots will be submitted shortly.

Rate:

Speed:n/a

Gameplay: 10

Grahpics: 9

Sound: 9

Controls: 10

Fun: 10

Difficulty: Medium

Overall Score: 9.6

Rate: A

Edited by GameCop

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

best casltevania ever!!! i loved this game this is what castlevania is all about, damn Konami for having to make everything 3d casltevania and contra should always be in this 2d platform, the environments were large and brilliant, they should just make the backgrounds 3d if they want but leave the engine of the game

best casltevania ever!!! i loved this game this is what castlevania is all about, damn Konami for having to make everything 3d casltevania and contra should always be in this 2d platform, the environments were large and brilliant, they should just make the backgrounds 3d if they want but leave the engine of the game

All the GBA Castlevanias are still 2D. Though I agree going 3d with the series was a mistake.

All the GBA Castlevanias are still 2D. Though I agree going 3d with the series was a mistake.

But Castlevania64 was genius. :lol:

Lament of Innocence was pretty good, though.