1964 v.0.9.9 ..the story about a swindle!!

cloud79

it hasn´t to do with lingo or what people at zophar say, playable actually means playable, and emulated means emulated and that´s all, btw this thread is getting stupid talking about wrods heh :D

Edited by alexis

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and so, the question is.. what is the meaning of 1964 update??? Where are the effective news that the update has introduced???

Just thought that you might want to know that I found exactly what the improvements to 1964 was in a thread about 5 below yours:

",Well yea it has been released, heres a list of things added/changed

A new friendlier user interface makes finding options easy

Fixes and support for many new games including Turok3, Donkey Kong 64, and Top Gear Overdrive

New ini configuration settings

ROM Browser caching for fast loading of 1964

Tweak 1964's speed at the touch of a key

Frameskip and AutoCF features for slower machines

A new Help Manual

Multiple Language support

An improved CPU core with many bug fixes and is much faster

An Improved 32bit CPU core, linker and faster overall code generation

Reworked core/audio synchronization and major improvements in audio quality and speed

Completely reworked Kaillera netplay

Packaged with N-Rage's input plugin

CPU Frame buffer read/write notification for video plug-ins "

• 3 weeks later...

To the people here complaining about 1964 and saying that pj64 is better, quit doing crack before you post. Rices plugin needs to be configured correctly for it to work right. Also there are other plugins to use wich will make some of the games that rices cant run wokr.

I have a whole lot of n64 roms and i would estimate that around 90% of them are playable (and i mean you can actually play them. 1964 runs so many more games than pj64 there is no comparison. not to mention that the speed is great.

new plug in for 1964

Changes in 5.4.1:

- Improved software vertex clipper, helps to solve many minor glitches in many games

- Bug fixes:

Full screen bug, pure function call error

Texture LUT bug

- Games improved:

* Goldeneye, specially for multiple player mode

* Fighting Force 64

* Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub-Zero

Rice

02/10/2004

======================================== ============

What's new in 5.4.0:

1. A complicated and comprehensive software vertex clipper

2. DirectX pixel shader 1.1

3. Better CPU frame buffer support

The software triangle/vertex clipper is a very big deal, together with the existing Force Software T&L feature, it should get rid off almost all the geometry problems for most new video cards (video cards that were working slightly better with Force Software T&L feature on).

Pixel shader feature is another very big deal. Version 1.1 is just enough to support N64 combiners, and is widely supported by any DirectX 8/9 video cards. (See my previous video card poll thread). If your video card is DX8 or DX9 compatible, you will be very happy since almost all combiner problems should be gone.

Dr. Mario, Mario Tennis should working better now, at least these frame buffer effects are finally working on my Radeon 9600 now. (Yes, I have bought a 9600, so I can understand the Radeon problem and program the pixel shader feature.)