Ever get dizzy with RPG/3D world games?

Alpha

Some games I can't play without feeling dizzy or as if I'm going to throw up is..

1) Zelda: Majora's Mask (Getting stuck and going around and around in the same places till I can find something new)

2) GoldenEye 007 (One of my favorite games, but I almost threw up while playing the Statue Level, it seriously felt like a maze)

3) Agent Under Fire 007 (Sadly can't even get past the 2nd level, I get sick of all the doors)

Well that basically concludes why I ain't much of a RPG fan. :lol:

So..you ever feel or get dizzy from games? How about feel like throwing up or that woozy feeling in your stomach? :rolleyes::lol:

I hardly ever get dizzy. I can play hours of those games and not get dizzy even when i spin the mouse around and go on stuff that spin. Its just not that hard for me :rolleyes:

Plus I've got used to being dizzy when I was younger

After just reading the topic header, I thought to myself, "Kingdom Hearts." Many people said that this game was worthwhile and well-made. I wasn't too sure with the Disney characters and all, but I borrowed the game from a friend and dispite the Disney influence, I found it very fun.

Anyhow, I'd get dizzy from playing after an hour or so, but I tried very hard to presist since I found the game somewhat interesting. However, after like 2 - 3 hours later, I felt like I was going to throw up. That's when I had to stop playing or seriously risk throwing up. I've made like 5 attempts to try and continue the game, but I get the same side-effect each time, and I just gave up on the game.

So now whenever I think, "Kingdom Hearts", I start to feel queasy and all. :rolleyes: I think I have problems with games with constant changing/shifting camera angles (boy, this game sure have alot of those) cuz other RPGs I've played didn't really have too much of those and I felt fine.

Though I've never played any of the games listed by GameCop, I think from reading his brief descriptions why some people may have problems with them: constantly shifting camera angles.

I actually got a headache from Soul Reaver... too many block puzzles, boggles the mind because its so annoying. Anything too mazy always annoys me and makes me dizzy, but sorta like Diso, I'm used to it as long as I'm not spinning around on my chair while playing :rolleyes:

Usually never; I have a good sense of direction in 3d games and never usually have a problem knowing where Im at or where Ive been, that is of course unless the game has a crappy camera then it can get confusing

I got dizzy when i played ff7 i think it was from staring at the screen for so long it was not a good feeling, but i love that game, it rocked.

i want to see the advent children movie, has it come out yet?

ah, wolfenstein 3d i remember thee well.

not terrible to the stomach _unless_ you're searching for secrets. it was ridiculous poking at each and every wall on the level. running up and down corridors while strafing all the walls (people know what i'm talking about)... an incredible waste of time and i enjoyed every minute of it. lol~

wolf3d was the perfect 'trainer' for the next big thing... doom. by the time doom came out, i had no problems running around in circles. i spent soo many hours raiding bbs's for the full version... okay, getting off-topic~

dizzying? chuch yeager air combat on a 386 with _monochrome_ display and no sound.

okay, not exactly mono but it was something like ega/cga on some old hercules card that did gradients on mono displays. (vga? get the hell outta here man) remember the space shuttle in chuck yeager?!?! take it all the way up to orbit, stall, and dive until the wings tore off~ no one remembers? nevermind, i don't remember either.

damn, i feel old~

ah, wolfenstein 3d i remember thee well.

not terrible to the stomach _unless_ you're searching for secrets.  it was ridiculous poking at each and every wall on the level.  running up and down corridors while strafing all the walls (people know what i'm talking about)... an incredible waste of time and i enjoyed every minute of it.  lol~

wolf3d was the perfect 'trainer' for the next big thing... doom.  by the time doom came out, i had no problems running around in circles.  i spent soo many hours raiding bbs's for the full version...  okay, getting off-topic~

Been there and done all that, man. At least in Doom, the audio cues were better and it was easier to find secrets. There were just areas where secrets "felt right."

I can't think of any game I've ever played that's made me sick. Watching Event Horizon gave me the creeps though.

F-Zero GX gave my little bro headaches, that's as close as I've been to someone affected by fast/3D games.

--Nezumi, eagerly awaiting Doom3 (anyone wanna donate to my video card fund? :( )