FBAx for all my CPS1/2 and NeoGeo games

Vagabond

Right now I am trying to balance 2 Kawa-X's on my Xbox just to run all my favorite games. It is not working out. FBAx runs all games as long as you write the appropiate driver, correct? So why is FBAx not so popular around here? Are the drivers that difficult to write? Is there something else besides the drivers?

I ask this because it would be convieniant to run all my Arcade games from one source, so why is the FBAx program so mulled over?

Oh my! Two whole versions of Kawa-X..that sounds like alot to manage. I don't know.........but writing drivers sounds pretty complicated to me. If it was just writing a dat file telling it what roms to run for what games it would be pretty easy. As long as you knew what ROMs it would run.

I really haven't looked into FBAX myself. I heard that the CPS1/2 games run with some glitches......and that would make it unpopular with many....including myself. I will give it a try.

PS: I didn't mean to sound so harsh above, but is it really to much to manage two programs to play 100s of games?

yes it is true that is has a few glitches with cps1&2 (after playing a cps2 game and then a cps1, the speed won't be right) but also it has been reported some bad glitches with neogeo as well but you must understand, it just got its feet wet in neogeo so its a work in progress

the best part of it all that its open source unlike kawa-x (sorry to say) but its nothing like making a simple driver using notepad (as badly i wish it was), xdk is needed and if you're handy with it be sure to give it a shot :P

Edited by Prican25

One thing that no one seems to have mention about FBA-X is that it emulates the line scaling on the neo roms so you can play Turf Masters and Sidekicks 2, 3 etc with full line scaling floors... something that kawa-x doesnt do.

dont get me wrong I love Kawa-x and use it where possible, but with some stuff FBA is better.

I dunno; I didn't try last blade 2 in FBAx to see if it did the heatwaves on the burning house level, as KawaX does not, but for the games I actually play, like Garou, and Alpha 3, I stick to KawaX, because not only does it take forever to load the games, but they run with slowdown in bits in the current version.

Maybe in the future I'll check it out again, but as for now, KawaX is the best one for me.