metal slug 5

Glad you got it to work player. I got it to work to, however during the process of deleting the other mslug zips I had created when I put the the p1. fix in, I accidentally deleted the working rom. I feel like an idiot....now I can't seem to replicate it. Basically what I did was extract the roms to a new folder. Next, I deleted the p1 rom in there and replaced it with the fixed one. Then I reziped it. At first I got a message (using the NRX emu for mslug5) saying there are no gfx files. Somehow I got it to run. I played through the boat level, beat that plane thing in the second level, but ended up dying in the third level. In any case, along with the process I'm doing, does it matter if the rom is in RAR or Zip format?? I think the working rom I had was in RAR format because it was something like 26.6 mb. For some reason, if the rom is in RAR format, NRX won't detect it. In Zip format, it detects it but I get the same gfx missing error. So anyone know whats going on, thanks.

Thanks for the help folks, but I figured it out now. I forgot to rename the fixed p1 file like the rest, 268_p1.rom. Once I did that the rom was detected and it worked. I don't think it matters if the rom is in RAR or ZIP format. The only thing you'll notice is that in RAR format, the rom is smaller (26.6 mb) since the compression is better. In Zip format its approximtely 29.6 mb.