~~-- UPDATES: January 5, 2004 --~~

Well it's a new year and the 2nd year for the existence of 1Emulation. We've gone through quite an obstacle course and the newest one has been the recent user problem we had who said that he was going to release King of Fighters 2003 a couple of days ago who was banned. From different sources we have heard numerous reports of people insulting us and this website for that fact soon after we found the user was a liar and brought all our hopes down. You have every right to do so, but you should only be insulting that user. We are all people, not aliens and we don't know if someone is lying or not. We just go by facts. With the facts we heard from that user, we decided to give him the access and time to release the game (a full day or so, realisticly 7 hours). However he never did which we said to all would conclude the fact that he is a liar and was indeed banned. Don't be pissed at us that we didn't listen to you that he was really lying for the users who said he was a liar even at first. Just like everyone, we want the rom, just as much as you do. That was a big mistake we made because it was used against us. I really hope all the users who were angry of us will give us a second chance to keep this forum alive and well.

Blaming it on 1Emulation is very stupid. Many sites have gone through the same thing and this site is still very new and it's the first time we ever had gone through this kind of problem. As far of as the user might have sounded and I must admit, he did sound far off at times. We gave him a chance, that's what other boards WILL NEVER DO. All of us have been in his position before, unfortunattely this user didn't seem to deserve any chance because he was really a liar. There were at times in all our lives that no one believed and if someone gave us that chance, we can prove them wrong. We as people wanted him to have that chance even though we didn't know he was a liar. So we hope the people who said bad stuff about our site from this recent incident to forgive us and we promise and guarentee that we learned from our mistake and we won't let it get as far it did. Most of all it will never happen again.

Great post Gamecop, its true as well. I only have one problem with roms, people want them too bad. If people would just wait, and be patient stupid things wouldn't happen. I don't really think you should worry about when a rom comes out. I myself have Samurai Showdown 5, and have had it since about a week after it came out, but I haven't even played it yet. You shouldn't be in such a rush to get a new rom, the greed will make things worse.

I think that Gamecop did the right thing with the liar. We don't need a bunch of commotion and accusations because someone made a post that was untrue. This just creates more problem.

I agree that the demand for the game is driving everyone bonkers. The hype and expectation for the game is also whats causing the madness. Most of the time, in my experience, when i finally get a game that I've been waiting for a longgg time, it ends up not living up to anything and being left alone to wither away. All in all, it isn't healthy to want a game so bad. Even though its a kickass fantastic one :ph34r:

it was good Gamecop gave him the chance to proove that he was not lying.

i had my doubts from the start as many did and thats why i posted my pics to proove that his screen shots were indeed fake .

i only trust a few sources for roms these days . as there is alot of wankers out there who put out fake roms . just to piss people off .

well when people believe idiots who say they have kof 2k4, ss6, mm6 roms..its pretty much obvious NOT to be gullible. There are some things you should believe, and some things you should not. The fact that I got a warning for trying to make this fact known is very odd as well.

As an admin and Ex admin of other forums i'll give you the best advice you can ever have GameCop.

you won't please everyone, so just stick to your own ideals and let everyone who wants to talk crap, talk crap.

if you don't change, don't whine, and don't let it get to you, you'll be the one laughing in the end.

Isn't that a bit disrespectful? I think Gamecop is doing a great job. I wouldn't want to see an admin who woulnd't even carea bout the problems in his forums. If people talk crap for no reason, its better if the upper hand intervenes.

yeah! when everyone want a game roms so much, there is always someone who say that they have the roms. And even some giving away roms like Kof2k3.zip and when downloaded is NOT kof 2003 at all. This has been going on and on, not just for games, but also with all sort of file sharing like Mp3s, which they give away music that has been altered (there is beep sound in it). So untill someone we TRUST like Gamecop says get kof2003 here "link" then we shouldnt trust people that easily. And getting it from Kaaza or something like that is dangerous, because they often giving in.exe which might be infected with virus.

well when people believe idiots who say they have kof 2k4, ss6, mm6 roms..its pretty much obvious NOT to be gullible.  There are some things you should believe, and some things you should not.  The fact that I got a warning for trying to make this fact known is very odd as well.

Did you ever see your warn? It was for agressive attidude! :ph34r:

You would never get warned for that. I think James, 10x pushed it more than anyone, do you see any warn?

As for the Samurai Showdown 6 and thing. The only reason why we let that go was because he at first initially said and stating some stuff about it from the very start. He stated that Billy Jr. released the roms via a private board and they were working on hacking into some mumbo jumbo system and getting Samurai Shodown 6 and the other game. You don't know who these people are, hell they can be x-workers for SNK or something. Anything is possible (and many times in my life, I have seen and heard some stuff that you would say, "not possible"), and he kept on pushing us that he had the rom and whenever we pushed to much, he put his guard down and said he wanted to leave. It was very irritating, so we just gave him his time to suppositely post it (which he didn't) and then he left and we banned him for it. We constantly told him, "Prove us Wrong!" Initially posted that he would have the rom on his website in one of the threads. Right away I deleted his website link from each post. I even said at first that, "Oh this guy is trying to lure you guys to his site!" However it still seemed fishy to me and he had many members already on his forum. Right away we IM'd and confronted with him since he was a member from a long time ago. He said this and that Billy Jr. and said he was going to get this and this. 3 Months ago, it would never gotten as much hype. You know how many cases of this happened with the sVc Chaos rom on other forums? A lot! This was the first time it happened to us and indeed we kind of did make a mistake, but I guarentee we learned a lot from this experience and like we said, it's not gonna happen again.