Word Censorship

nezumi

pun intended.

Think you can do something about that autocensorship thing that's running in this forum? Every time someone spells out Y. Tokugawa's "first name" it getd changed to read "Yo-crap-ora." While I'm at it, I'll mention that, every time I rant about the state of mIRC's profane proliferation and mention a program which is abbreviated BX, it is changed to read Bi-a-tchX. I normally mention it with a URL, which gets messed up due to the censoring and thereby a non-working link creeps its way into my post. :unsure:

Think something can be done about this?

Regardless, nice forum you keep here.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people and to the people..

Your request has been granted. However the words are still censored, but not loose anymore to detect any kind of string. Only exact. If I see people abusing it, it will be put back on.

• 1 month later...

sorry for bringing this up.

i got this idea of censorship from the FBA forums. everytime the magic F*CK word is to be mentioned, in the output post, it becomes "LOVE".

im not sure if thats a nice idea overall, but i just thought it would be hilarious watching forum retards swearing "LOVE" to each other :lol:

Edited by Xeon

sorry for bringing this up.

i got this idea of censorship from the FBA forums. everytime the magic F*CK word is to be mentioned, in the output post, it  becomes "LOVE".

im not sure if thats a nice idea overall, but i just thought it would be hilarious watching forum retards swearing "LOVE" to each other :D

Good to hear that. :(

Let us 'LOVE' with each other for the time being. :P

you shouldve seen the sharim clones back when kof2003 wasnt yet released ;)

and i believe retardation is a mental disorder.

Hahah...Lolcakes! Sharim's clones were just.... :D

Edited by Agozer

The reason why we have those words censored is not becuase of their medical terms, it's because people use them the wrong way or to promote sexual acts. We are trying to make this forum (E- For Everyone) kind of forum. Many forums now of days become infested with cussing and postings of sexual acts. This is how you lose members. We are already seeing it in one long time partner forum and we don't want to follow that line of logic.

So when you have a forum that's for everyone, that's how you get more members, and of course good ones. Why want a member that helps you out, but if you say one thing to him, good or bad, he cusses at you and then flames you? This little censorship fights them off because they hate it and we love it. :blink: