N64 Lovers, Theres A New Emu Leaked Out For Xbox

Prican25

Tidus Posted on Jan 3 2004, 09:05 AM

QUOTE (bbysknnr6 @ Jan 3 2004, 11:36 AM)

LMAO when i saw this on the link.

IRIEZ IS A HOMO - HE LEAKED THIS - HE IS A RETARD

Glad to see I am not the only who thinks Iriez is a total dick.

Does anyone know if theres a game compatibility list for surreal64.

Too bad it wasn't the final version with the new Nineteen64 update.

Can't wait to see what a difference itll make.

Props to ODD and Lantus.

ninja 

hahaha I wonder who posted this

Yeah it is kinda funny <_<. That was posted by CraiZE (an #xbins moderator by the way, seems odd why he would help spread a leaked version).

I downloaded the leaked version in fear that there would not be an official release(because of the leak) and it is quite impressive. Besides some freezes/lockups(it's still a little unstable, but hey its a leak), and not being able to change the controller configurations, the emulator works DAMN good. Games run alot more smoothly. Graphics and sound are better. I like the box art as well, nice added touch.

As for someone asking about the jerky controls for goldeneye, they have gotten better, but its still pretty damn hard to aim precisely.

zero129, I would wait untill the official release, as I believe they are incorporating the new 1964 core, which will most likely affect game compatibility.

Well, congrats to oDD and Lantus for such a great emulator, and I hope they keep up the great work.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't bring myself to waiting, i downloaded it and tried it out with a few roms, and all i can say is WOW!!, for a leaked version this sure is great, and to think this is only their first release, just think what they will be able to do with this and how much better it will get, and its pretty much perfect now as it is, well i now know it doesn't play perfect dark, i hope the offical release will, anyway ODD and Lantus, keep up the good work, you have done an amazing thing by bringing this emu to xbox, with not just one core engine but a whole 3, i cant wait to see the finished version.

yes its a non-flashable modchip so is there any other way to do it? I hope so plz help

Hmmm.. the problem still sounds like a BIOS issue to me, so if you have a non-flashable chip you may be out of luck <_<

You could try updating your Evox dashboard. Also, make sure all your Evox IGRs (in game resets) are turned of in the Evox system management section. Then make sure your clock is set correctly in the MS Dashboard. The IGRs and/or a corrupted clock are common reasons a game won't load or crashes. But I still think the that the fact the emu hangs on the Evox loading screen is an indication of a BIOS problem.

Edited by Thraxen

hmm I just noticed the link I posted was removed from my post :) sorry if I offended any of the mods but I didn't think you would care since its from a emu made by a different site/forum but oh well

those of you that sent me a pm, I don't have the link anymore as is and I'll respect the mods if they don't want me to distrute it around

yes its a non-flashable modchip so is there any other way to do it?

I hope so plz help ;)

There is a way to "flash" an unflashable modship. And your chip will stay as it is.

Download the phoenix bios loader and put it in your apps directory.

With that tool you can load and run any bios out of your harddisk.

:)

There is a way to "flash" an unflashable modship. And your chip will stay as it is.  Download the phoenix bios loader and put it in your apps directory.

With that tool you can load and run any bios out of your harddisk.

Ahh... so that is what that program does. I've seen it mentioned fairly often, but never knew what it did. So how does it work exactly? Do you boot up with whatever BIOS you currently have on your chip and then run the Phoenix program to load another BIOS?

In that case, I would suggest that malik needs to load the Xecuter 4979 or Evox M7 BIOS. I would bet that either of those will solve his problem.