Possible to change internal titleid of kawa-x xbe?

justin_k

the.ini rom directory has nothing to do with it.

I have two seperate instances of kawa-x running, one with the full regular romset and another with the "banned" roms. Whenever you generate a romlist for one of the versions, it overwrites the old romset data (romset.dat saved in the TDATA dir).

And Im sure the source isnt required to make a titleid change. Was just asking if its possible to change the titleid using a hex editor or something similar

Whenever you generate a romlist for one of the versions, it overwrites the old romset data (romset.dat saved in the TDATA dir)

yes and thats normal cuz for kawa-x se to run cetain games (svc's and rotd) they have to be overwriten. its still not a big issue as is cuz once you press x, the roms will then show and be working as is

seriously, this is nothing more then being picky at something that really doesn't matter lol. just enjoy the fact that you can play the banned games as is

seriously, this is nothing more then being picky at something that really doesn't matter lol. just enjoy the fact that you can play the banned games as is

Picky or not, he doesn't want to keep hitting rescan when it takes KawaX a while to scan through his thousands of ROMs. You don't have all your ROMs in one spot so it only takes a split second to scan. He does have them all grouped together and would like to be able to avoid having to rescan each time since it takes longer than normal.

Faceless,

Could you please tell us how you did it?

faceless Posted on Jan 2 2004, 09:05 PM

standard hex editor on the default.xbe

at 0x00000180

the data there is 7EFA0000

i changed mine to 8EFA0000

now Kawa-X SE saves to /E/TDATA/0000fa8e/ 

COOL! Thanks for the tip faceless.