Possible to change internal titleid of kawa-x xbe?

justin_k

Is it possible to change internal titleid of kawa-x xbe?

The titleid I am referring to is stored within the default.xbe file and determines what directory settings are saved under in the E:\UDATA directory.

The problem I am having is running Kawa-X and Kawa-X SE on the same xbox. When you start Kawa-X and do a rom scan for Kawa to display all available romsets it generates the data and saves it under E:\UDATA\0000FA7E\. When you switch to Kawa-X SE you must again rebuild the romsets as it loads the previos rom data from 0000FA7E and overwrites it with the hacked roms (Kawa-X SE) romlist. Ive got all my roms in a single directory so I can share them between the various xbox emulators and it takes FOREVER to validate the neogeo romset.

I was wondering if it were at all possible to change the titleid of either Kawa-x.xbe so that I could maintain seperate savedata/romlists for each emulator without rescanning everytime I switch emulators.

So far, I've been able to view the internal titleid's within the xbe using dexbe from Dextrose but as far as I can tell, it will not let you make any actual changes to the xbe data itself.

Are there any XBE editors out there that will do this?

When you refer to the "titleid" are you talking about the name that appears on your dashboard? Those are easy to change. You can change them using a hex editor.

I've changed mine to say "KawaX SE" on my dashboard, but it doesn't change where it saves to so I still have to rebuild everytime. If you figure out how to change that let me know.

Edited by Thraxen

changing the title id is no prob hell avalaunch dash gives you that option if you use it but as for save data that shouldn't be a prob at all, i use bot kawa-x v11 and se both work fine with the same data

you just gotta remember to press x to refresh for new roms if you switch between emus and enjoy it

you just gotta remember to press x to refresh for new roms if you switch between emus and enjoy it

That's the part he's trying to avoid. He stores all of him ROMs for all his emulators in one spot (I'm assuming there must be thousands) so it takes KawaX longer to scan them all than it does for those of us who store our ROMs in separate folders for each emulator. He wants KawaX0.11 and KawaX SE to store their data in different spots so he doesn't have to rescan each time.

Edited by Thraxen

well kawa-x se supports what like 8games?

how about just putting those roms in the kawa-x se roms directory and mapping it to that?

that way it just deals with its roms and kawa-x deals with its own?

its not like youll have to move a lot of roms to accomplish this.

just a suggestion

well kawa-x se supports what like 8games?

how about just putting those roms in the kawa-x se roms directory and mapping it to that?

that way it just deals with its roms and kawa-x deals with its own?

its not like youll have to move a lot of roms to accomplish this.

just a suggestion

He will still have the same problem. Both the stock KawaX and KawaX SE save to the same spot. So even if he puts the KawaX SE ROMs in their own directory the next time he starts up KawaX0.11 he will have to rescan because only the ROMs for SE will show up initially. Well, all the KawaX0.11 ROMs are still going to be stored with his thousands of other ROMs, so each time he runs KawaX0.11 it will still take a while to rescan. Your suggestion will only shorten the time to rescan when he runs SE.

Edited by Thraxen

so each time he runs KawaX0.11 it will still take a while to rescan

man seriously get real lol :P, it only takes 1 sec to press a button to rescan also you gotta remember, both N3oGhost and Mr. X don't have the source to kawa-x as is to even make a drastic change so just deal with it :)

man seriously get real lol , it only takes 1 sec to press a button to rescan also you gotta remember, both N3oGhost and Mr. X don't have the source to kawa-x as is to even make a drastic change so just deal with it

He's not saying it's difficult, only that it takes a while to scan. Think about it... if he's got all his ROMs in one directory (NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, 2600, Lynx, SMS, GG, GB, etc...) there may be over 10,000 ROMs for KawaX to scan. Also, how do you know it's even a drastic change? I think that is why he is asking... he has no idea if it's hard or not. He just wanted to know if it's possible.

Yea the romscan for Kawa-X SE takes less than a second cause theres only a few roms (those are the only roms I have in a seperate folder), but the rest of my MAME, CPS1/2, NES, Genesis, SNES, blah blah etc are in one shared common rom directory. And to clarify Im not asking how to change the name of the game shown on the dashboard, Im asking how to change the internal titleid which determines the directory in which files are saved. For Kawa-x its '0000FA7E'

if you ever happen to read about kawa-x v10-11 then you should know that:

1. It has a known bug that doesn't allow you to change the ini file which is directed to its self (d:\Roms\)

and finally

2. the source for kawa-x (as i mentioned before on my last reply) was never released as is so unless you know how to make the changes that the author has it set to, it just isn't going to happen man

just be happy to able to play the games cuz switching between the emus isn't a problem as is

Edit: I too do have genesis roms and what not but as for mame sake, i keep all neogeo/cps1&2 all in kawa-x's rom folder and the rest that mame does stays with mame

Edited by Prican25

Im asking how to change the internal titleid which determines the directory in which files are saved. For Kawa-x its '0000FA7E'

Yeah, I tried out dexbe and saw titleid listed there. I didn't realize that was what the term for the saves folder. I couldn't get any changes to the name to stick either using dexbe. I've posted a thread over at Xbox-Scene to see if anyone there can help.