KAWA-X PLUS problem

FAT CAP

Right - I've had KAWA-X PLUS working fine for a couple of weeks now...no problems with any of the modes - CPS1, CPS2 or NEO-GEO.

But, today, when I went to load up a NEO-GEO game, all I got was a black screen. The games work fine - I can hear the appropriate sound effects going on in the background when I insert a credit - start the game etc. - but I just cant see whats going on!!!!

The CPS1 and CPS2 gfames work fine - and I can see everything fine...so Im at a loss to what has happened. I've not installed any new software or put any new games on - infact I hadnt even touched KAWA-X PLUS for a couple of days until I went back to it today and found this. I tried copying it across again from my PC but to no avail.

Any help out there as this one is REALLY bugging me...I just can't work out what has gone wrong here!!!

I don't know what could have gone wrong off the top of my head with that; perhaps the video wrapper you are using is not rendering properly for whatever reason.

My only advice would be to switch to KawaXSE, since plus is no longer being made/supported, and only use the SE to run your banned ROMs, with the normal KawaX for all of your CPS1/2 + non-banned NeoGeo ROMs.

yeah - I thought something might have got corrupted - but even when I re-copied the KAWA-X PLUS folder across, which has the NEOGEO.ZIP file in it - I'm still getting the same problems...VERY STRANGE and confusing!!!

I'll try and hunt down KAWA-X SE and see if that works OK... any ideas where I might find a copy????

Edited by FAT CAP

right - well I've just downloaded KAWA-X SE and put it in a new folder to see if it would work before getting rid of KAWA-X PLUS...but I'm still getting exactly the same thing...the NEO GEO games run but the screen is entirely black?!?!?!?!!?!?

Can anybody help me out 'cos I REALLY need a fix of some NEO-GEO biznizz now and this is leading to some premature hairloss at the minute!!!

...I've just noticed that when I load a NEO-GEO game up... then go back to the menu, load a CPS1 or CPS2 game up (which do work AND I can see them perfectly) the title screen or the NEO-GEO loading screen or whatever the game was on when I quit back to the menu, briefly flashes up before the game loads.

This is presumably because the frame is still in memory, but is confusing me EVEN MORE because if it'll show me them in CPS1 or CPS2 "mode", why not in NEO-GEO "mode"?!?!?!?!?

I've tried all the video modes from the NEO-GEO menu aswell but none of them make a difference.

yeah - thats the strange thing everything works perfectly but this. It's even stranger because I've been playing all the NEO-GEO stuff perfectly for the last week or so and haven't added or removed any programs or anything since getting KAWA-X up n running.