NeoRage -> Kawaks?

Hello, everyone. I have a question. If I have a working rom for NeoRage (Older KOF games) and I want it to work on Kawaks, what do I need to do? Just rename the files?

Thanks in advance,

Try that first. I'm not familiar with the innerworkings of Kawaks, so I'm not sure...

Maybe you don't have to rename anything, it's all up to the DATs.

From what I remember ( I may be wrong though!!) I think you just need to rename the roms. Try using Romcenter, I think that's how I did it. What you should do is make a copy of the Kof rom you want Romcenter to rename so that you're not jeopardizing the original rom that works in Neorage. Once Romcenter renames it, stick it in your roms folder for kawaks and see if it works. Good luck!!

Hello, everyone. I have a question. If I have a working rom for NeoRage (Older KOF games) and I want it to work on Kawaks, what do I need to do? Just rename the files?

Thanks in advance,

kawaks uses the same sets as mame. The biggest difference between sets is the p1 roms. They're hacked so they can be played on neoragex which isn't really good

I got the Rom Center program, but I am quite lost. I don't know what to do... Can anybody help me? Thanks. :D

I need to update my version...really old. Anyways, after you have backed up the roms in question, there should be an option called "add pathways". Basically you're telling the program what folder to look for roms in. What I would do is put a copy of your backed up roms in a new folder, then do add pathway to the new folder. Romcenter will scan these roms tell you if there are any naming errors (no biggie), missing files (thats a problem heh..) etc. This info will be displayed in the a field showing your roms. My old version shows roms with a sqaure icon next to the roms in question. Green colored icon means the rom is fine, yellow me thinks means you just need to rename them, or *gasp* red means you're missing a file. To edit any roms, you can right click on them and some options are displayed. In your case you just want to rename the files, and that should do the trick. If not (thats why you have them backed up right!!) Romcenter will tell you the problem...or problems. It's been a while since I've used this so I might be a little fuzzy..or wrong. Anyone who wants to add anything, or know a better method, feel free to contribute. :)