Nonselfboot-to-SelfBoot?

Yeah I'm with u Cominus, I've tried to execute all different kinds of self-boot programs like echelon, but I just keep getting confused, and screwing up. Can anyone give a tutorial for a novice?

I went to megagames.com but the stuff wasnet so complicaed but i needed specials files but the links in the tutorial were ftp and my pc doesnt really handle ftp unless it's some sort of ftp wizard, for some reason the utopia disk dont work on my dreamcast (v1.1-3)

Ive uploaded a good tool to my crappy webspace at geocities, if its slow, its their fault, but its not that big a file

anyway, its pretty straightfoward, use Selfboot.exe for making plan files into Selfboot images and Sbootrick.exe if your burning something like an emulation CD (i think it renames the files for you, i forget exactly)

If you need the plain files from an image go to www.megagames.com and get Daemon's Tools, or use Alchohol 120% or whatever you want to have virtual CD-ROM Drives, then copy and paste the files over to a folder

Or use whatever program you want to just extract the files (ISO Buster i think works sometimes)

Anyway you just put all the files into a folder and then select the folder with this program, DONT put the folder in the same directory as this thing

Anyway, onto the download...

http://www.geocities.com/shibathedog/Selfboot.zip

whats the difference when you open the image file up and see like only the track1 file? because sometimes i download iso and i only see 1 track but then sometimes i see a bunch of files and folders, because sometimes i burn isos like that and they work.

well if its only one track its not going to work, there MUST be a 6 second audio track and then the data, the 6 seconds can be anything you want but must be exactly 6 seconds (this is that "Warning, this disc is for use only in Sega Dreamcast" Error you get when putting the CD in a CD Player)

sometimes they give you the files in the right format and you can just burn them but this has been rare for me, usually i get raw files that dont work without this or an image that either works (most of the time) or doesnt because the person that made the image is an idiot and did it wrong

STUPID GEOCITIES!!! IM GONNA KILL EM!!!!! *huff* *huff*

Try going here to get it....

http://www.geocities.com/shibathedog/selfbootpage.htm

Yeah it gives me that one track but when i use the daemon tools im able to see all the files and folders, am i supposed to copy those files and stick them in a folder somewhere? I've read in places that you need an ip.in file in order to make a self boot, and i havent found one..so what do i do? oh yeah i used to have that kit, i used it to make an nes cd

Edited by Cominus