Why are there no...

CLN

Just curious, but why aren't there any emulators for Naomi/Naomi 2 and for the CPS3? Also, are there emulators, or going to be, for Sammy's Atomiswave. I'm guessing no since it's based on the Naomi arcade board. Peace.

Well I guess the obvious answer would be that it is too difficult to create an emulator for these platforms. They are much more complex than a neogeo machine or CPS. Eventually, in the future there will probably be one, but don't expect it to be anytime soon.

Just curious, but why aren't there any emulators for Naomi/Naomi 2 and for the CPS3? Also, are there emulators, or going to be, for Sammy's Atomiswave. I'm guessing no since it's based on the Naomi arcade board. Peace.

Can you do a better job of getting close to 100%naomi/cps3 emulation? Do you have the equipment to do so? If not, shut up. Besides, unlike most ppl here, I'm glad that the neogeo mvs hardware is coming to an end.

hardcore protection i believe is the reason for no cps3 emulation. also u could buy a dreamcast and just play the cps3 games on that ( street fighter 3 and so on ) im sure it will be done one day but not just yet. maybe 2k4 will bring us something interesting in emulation!

Maybe 2k4 will bring us something interesting in emulation!

Maybe, but I think that something won't be CPS-3 emulation (even the preliminary decryption breaking)... As said, the encryption is a biatch and a tough nut to crack.

The guys at CPS2Shock are the real wizards here, but even they haven't been able to get much out of CPS-3 emulation wise.

----

They have done so much to the CPS scene, along with the "CPS-2 suicide" prevention. (Well, you can't call that prevention, just a workaround.)

Edited by Agozer

Can you do a better job of getting close to 100%naomi/cps3 emulation? Do you have the equipment to do so? If not, shut up. Besides, unlike most ppl here, I'm glad that the neogeo mvs hardware is coming to an end.

Woah, dude, I think you need a vacation or something. I was just curious as to why there weren't any (i.e. technical reasons, etc.). I was just curious. It's not like I was trying to insult people becuase it hasn't been done. Quite frankly, I'm upset at your response, but I'm mature enough to not try to start a flame war or anything so I'll just say we're all entitled to our opinions. Thanks to everyone else who offered enlightening reponses to this, for most part, emulator noob.

Oh, and one last thing, where'd they part come from about Neo Geo MVS hardware coming to end? No one even mentioned that in this thread.... Well. peace.