Capcom vs. Snk 1 or 2?

Gryph

What arcade system do CvS 1 and/or 2 use? And does anyone know if it will be emulated anytime soon because I actually enjoy those games a lot. SVC Chaos rules and I loved CvS 1 and 2 on console.

So does anyone know if they will be emulated anytime soon? I know that SF3 is a long way off because the CPS3 system is hard as hell to crack.

you're talking out of your ass I'm afraid, cause there were ARCADE VERSIONS of CvS1 and CvS Pro(japanese arcade only I think)

Ahhh, of course, you were talking about the arcade versions. :-D

CvS 1, CvS2, and CvSpro all run on NAOMI hardware which won't be emulated for a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time

:)

That sucks! Is the hardware that hard to decrypt?! What about CPS3? I know that will take a lot of time.

How many years is a long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time? Like 3 years...4 years...20 years?

Oh well. Atleast I have nice NeoGeo to keep me busy ^_^

CPS-3 has a PCB coupled with a DVD type disc (GDROM?) The disc does all the decryption (or was it the other way around?). There are dumped CPS-3 games but no emulators to run them.

Basically, you'd need the actual ROM dump + an ISO of some kind working in tandem.

EDIT: The disc contains the game and the PCB the decryption routines and other vital instructions (and some other game data).

The CPS-3 has a SCSI CD ROM (the disc), the PCB holds RAM and Flash RAM.

Edited by Agozer

not to mention that NAOMI hardware is basically a dreamcast but bigger and more powerfull(waaay more powerful). You expect naomi to be emulated if dreamcast isn't?

You're so right. :lol: Something like this should be crystal clear, but apparently it's not...

This is depressing. I read about the NAOMI specs earlier today and was amazed. I didn't know it was that powerful. And just think, a lot more great games will come out for that and it'll be forever till we can play it :lol:

I wonder how much longer Playmore is going to use the NeoGeo system...I hope forever.