⬆ Recommended upgrade procedure for MameUI64 Classic ?

Thartchen

Hi,
I'm in awe of MameUI64 Classic and all version of the app prior to this. So thank you all so much for making it. I've had many many happy hours playing so many games knew well, like Commando, and others I only managed to play one single game of, once, while on holiday when I was a kid, which was Atari's Black Widow. God I love that game!!

So mega kudos all round ♥

I would like to know of the recommended upgrade procedure for MameUI64 Classic?

I've been using MameUI for years and recently moved over to MameUI64 Classic but I've always wondered if I'm upgrading correctly.

Usually I just replace the exe in the folder and start it... in that way all the ini files with my settings are preserved but I've always wondered if there was an optimal way to upgrade?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T

You need to extract everything that's supplied. Doing just the exe means you miss out on improvements to software lists and to shaders, and probably other things too.

Your ini files, cfg files and other transitory things are not affected.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thartchen said:

Hi,
I'm in awe of MameUI64 Classic and all version of the app prior to this. So thank you all so much for making it. I've had many many happy hours playing so many games knew well, like Commando, and others I only managed to play one single game of, once, while on holiday when I was a kid, which was Atari's Black Widow. God I love that game!!

So mega kudos all round ♥

I would like to know of the recommended upgrade procedure for MameUI64 Classic?

I've been using MameUI for years and recently moved over to MameUI64 Classic but I've always wondered if I'm upgrading correctly.

Usually I just replace the exe in the folder and start it... in that way all the ini files with my settings are preserved but I've always wondered if there was an optimal way to upgrade?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
T

One good practice is to dowload MameUI from Progetto snaps and then add the extra folder and files you need, as Robber stated...

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and just for completeness my upgrade process is as follows.

1. put the mameui254.7z into the same directory as my mameui64 install

2. execute "7za x -y mameui254.7z" which overwrites all the files without asking for confirmation. This is safe as the mameui254.7z file does not contain any .ini files or other files that are customised by the previous version of mameui

3. profit

I know this is probably obvious to many people but I've always feared my knowledge of mameui was lacking in some way.