Sharing of cheat used in Raine

ffman1985

Update for X-men Children of Atom (Phoenix Edition, xmcotar1d.zip):

- allows pressing start button to skip opening.

- a new menu screen with sound effects which look like the ss/ps version.

- option (test menu) is forced to show English regardless of region, and return to menu screen when leaving.

- the auto-block selction is fixed (it was my fault when I change the way of chosing the background in the old version.)

- add the ability to memorize previous fight characters in vs & training mode. If you play as boss, it will load the characters where you press down button to select the boss.

This script already included in the new version of Raine (0.95.4). Thank you Tux for enhacing the script system, it uses much less cpu resource now (obvious in the new type of menu screen in my console mode scripts). And, I can make more complex script i the future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Script for Super Street Fighter 2, 2X (turbo) and Hyper Street Fighter 2 (ssf2ud, ssf2xjd, ssf2xj, hsf2d)

It is already included in Raine 0.95.5. But sorry that we forget to include the scripts for the parent roms, may be in the next version.

Console Mode Script:

- for Super Street Fighter 2 & 2x (turbo), the menu screen follow the 3DO style. Whereas for Hyper Street Fighter 2, the menu follows PS2 style.

Enable Akuma/Gouki Script: (only for the Super Street Fighter 2x (turbo) & Hyper Street Fighter 2)

- Press the three punch buttons together on Ryu to select. In VS and Training Mode, the Ryu's stage is for Akuma's stage, but with Akuma's theme.

Select the same character Script: (only for Hyper Street Fighter 2 when both side select the SF2 mode)

- Press coin button to select the character occupied or selected by the other side

Alternative Character Select BGM Script:  (only for the Super Street Fighter 2x (turbo) & Hyper Street Fighter 2)

- either the classical character select bgm or the world warriors theme. You may not need this if using the sound association function.

• Like 1

Script for Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 (sfa3, sfz3jr2)

It is already included in Raine 0.95.5c. I makes the script for the parent rom and a japanese rom because this game have missing text when switching region.

Console mode script

- the menu screen follows the ps2 style

- all hidden modes are selectable in the menu

Enable hidden characters

- hold start on Bison and press any button for Final Bison

- the music for Final Bison is playable on vs and training mode

for other hidden characters, go to the ?box on the upper part:

- hold start button for Barlog

- hold up button for Juli

- hold left button for 1p side or hold right button for 2p side for Juni

• Like 1

Hello Tux and ffman1985 and thank you for these amazing cheats.

I have a request for a cheat for Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3. There is an old emulator called Winkawaks created by famous CPS2 dumper Razoola in the beginning of the 2000s. This emulator has an interesting option in which you can disable/mute the narrator/announcer in SFA3/SFZ3, as you see in the following screenshot:

naENblS.png

I don't know why there was such an option there, but I guess Razoola didn't like SFA3 announcer that much, and I've come to agree with him that the announcer in this game is a little too excited in the fights, so it's an interesting feature in his emulator.

I'd like to know if you could add such an option to Raine, maybe through a cheat like you are doing here? Raine would be the only emulator to feature this option after Winkawaks, which by the way isn't updated for years now.

Thank you so much in advance for considering this request. 👍

PS: I suppose Winkawaks remains closed source until nowadays unfortunately, otherwise you could easily take a look at the code to see what he did to disable the announcer in this game.

Edited by mer-curious

Well these are just qsound sound commands associated to samples of the guy speaking, I had to change to sound commands dialog to accept commands on more than 2 characters because his sounds seem to be from $100 to $13a. Filtering these out would silence him.

But it would not be a cheat it needs to be included in the code, and I guess the option would go to sound options then, because I am not going to create a cps2 options just for that...

It's committed, last option of the sound options dialog. After doing the sound associations for cps2 it was quite easy actually !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

Great Tux! I'm happy it was an easy feature for you to add.

Does it work on the fly? I mean, can I enable and disable it whenever I want?

Also, could you revise the text a little to something like "Mute SFA3/SFZ3 announcer" with capital letters in the game acronym and with SFZ3 too to clearly state it works for the Japanese ROM? And by changing the term "speaker" for "announcer" we keep the reference to what Razoola did with Winkawaks many years ago so users can possibly refer to that option when they eventually try both emulators.

Anyway, just some details to be consistent with the writing we mostly have now in the GUI.

Thank you both again for these tiny interesting features. 👍

PS: I suppose this new string is translatable too, right? As well as the one to "Preload IPS *.dat files", as we discussed in GitHub.

Edited by mer-curious

1 hour ago, mer-curious said:

Great Tux! I'm happy it was an easy feature for you to add.

Does it work on the fly? I mean, can I enable and disable it whenever I want?

Yes, and it's saved in the config file.

1 hour ago, mer-curious said:

Also, could you revise the text a little to something like "Mute SFA3/SFZ3 announcer" with capital letters in the game acronym and with SFZ3 too to clearly state it works for the Japanese ROM? And by changing the term "speaker" for "announcer" we keep the reference to what Razoola did with Winkawaks many years ago so users can possibly refer to that option when they eventually try both emulators.

Anyway, just some details to be consistent with the writing we mostly have now in the GUI.

Thank you both again for these tiny interesting features. 👍

PS: I suppose this new string is translatable too, right? As well as the one to "Preload IPS *.dat files", as we discussed in GitHub.

Disagree on the capital letters, short game names are lower case, not upper case, and it's sfz3j not sfz3, but I can add /sfz3j to be more precise. And I agree for the announcer. Luckily there are already some quite long options there so this one can be long without any trouble.

And translatable of course.

edit : actually sfz3j and sfz3a are region clones, that is their only difference is their region bytes, so they are removed. The text and what the announcer says is based on the region : zero 3 for japan, and alpha 3 for the rest.

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 3:52 AM, Tux said:

Disagree on the capital letters, short game names are lower case, not upper case, and it's sfz3j not sfz3, but I can add /sfz3j to be more precise. And I agree for the announcer. Luckily there are already some quite long options there so this one can be long without any trouble.

Hello again Tux! You are correct, but I guess you mean here the driver/ROM file name, no?  It's difficult to find uses of the game name with the acronym sfa3 or even SFA3. I was able to find one "good" mention in a fighting games moves site for "SFA3" in upper case, see here please (in the first paragraph):
https://wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Street_Fighter_Alpha_3

Except this, I couldn't find "sfa3" references, just the extended official game title.

Generally we write rom, neogeo, kof and all these emulation terms in lower case letters, but we tried to revise some texts in Raine recently to match what other emulators do. In this case I think it fits better to use SFA3 because we are referring to the game, not exactly the "driver". The announcer is a game feature, not a driver one, so "SFA3". Anyway, this is how Winkawaks named it. Maybe an alternative would be the official game name (Street Fighter Alpha 3) since now all region versions are supported through it?

But it's just a tiny detail because you have already of course done everything important in relation to adding this forgotten emulation feature to Raine.

Thank you so much for that. 😊

EDIT: I've just found another source with "SFA3" in upper case while creating a pull request in the GitHub for Raine, here:
https://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/sfa3.html

Edited by mer-curious