Sharing of cheat used in Raine

ffman1985

On 1/29/2023 at 9:40 AM, Tux said:

Just click on the line one day... ! why do you think it's flashing ? To be clicked !!!

Hello Tux! Thank you for the tip.

I don't really think that is the most intuitive solution for that (because there is no other common place in Raine in which we have to click to expand the text), but at least now I know there is this possibility.

Anyway, if you ever find it easy and doable to horizontally scroll the line, maybe that would be a nicer solution for that, especially if you're using the controller and away from the mouse.

Thank you again for your help.

14 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Hello Tux! Thank you for the tip.

I don't really think that is the most intuitive solution for that (because there is no other common place in Raine in which we have to click to expand the text), but at least now I know there is this possibility.

Anyway, if you ever find it easy and doable to horizontally scroll the line, maybe that would be a nicer solution for that, especially if you're using the controller and away from the mouse.

Thank you again for your help.

1 point for a way to display this with hands on a game controller, now not sure a scrolling line would be great, it comes from mame and sometimes it's a message on many lines, so watching the whole thing scroll would not be super nice anyway... !

• Like 1

Hello, share a new cheat for Street Fighter Zero 2 alpha (Asian Phoenix Edition, sfz2ald.zip). Just like before, it includes a Console Mode cheat:

Activate the cheat at start-up. On the title screen, press up or down to select modes: Arcade, Versus, Training, Survival, Akuma/Gouki, Dramatic Battle. In training mode, press select and then start to select character. You don't need the second controller for selection. Shin Akuma/Gouki is unlockable by start button in all modes. The coin button is used for pause game during battle.

Beside this, there also a few cheats for changing the background color in Title Screen and Player Select Screen:

*Green Player Select Screen: It is the color used in the original alpha 2. Activiate and then close it. The effect will be lasting until the emulator is closed. This work on the modes that originally have yellow Player Select Screen. Effect can be overrided by 'Blue Player Select Screen' or 'Special Player Select Screen'.

Blue Player Select Screen & Special Player Select Screen: They are original used in the hidden modes. So, these two cheats work on the non-hidden modes only.

*Brown Title Screen:  It is the color used in the original alpha 2. Activiate and then close it. The effect will be lasting until the emulator is closed.

*Light Blue Title Screen:  It is the color used in the alpha 2 Gold. Activiate and then close it. The effect will be lasting until the emulator is closed.

Stop Flashing on Title Screen: use when necessary...

P.S. there involves hacking of rom image for the cheats with *, so it is best to follow the instruction as stated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PGKQeUTF4FlkysSGN-32BodB84Si_2Yu/view?usp=share_link

sfz2ald.jpg

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, share a new cheat for a CPS2 game X-men Children of atom (Phoenix Edition, xmcotar1d.zip). As I use a new function rnd() in the script, it requires a newer version of Raine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17yWIKoAwJby4AtdE8inFGwAaq4ghrKXM/view?usp=share_link

(temporary link, will be deleted if the script is included in the new version of Raine.)

Just like before, it includes a Console Mode cheat:

Activate the cheat at start-up. On the title screen, press up or down to select modes: Arcade, Versus, Training, Option (Test Service). During battle, the coin button is used for pause.  In training mode, pause the game and then press start to select character. You don't need the second controller for selection. 

Beside this, there also a Enable Bosses cheat:

Highlight Colossus, Psylocke or Silver Samurai and hold the down button, then press any buttons to select Juggernaut, Akuma or Magneto.

It includes some important fix too:

- When playing as Magneto in Arcade, the final boss becomes Akuma, and vice versa.

-When playing as bosses in Arcade, all can have a smooth end without crash. After the explosion screen, it jumps to the name entry screen (if you have enough score), and finally back to the title.

- In VS mode, it is possible to select the stage of Juggernaut and Magneto.

-In case of human vs human, the intro of Magneto is skipped. It can also prevent crash when both side select Magneto.

edit: although the ‘insert coin’ text is changed to ‘press start’ in the opening, you still have to press the coin button to start the game.

Xmen.jpg

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

The link sends a request for authorization, oh well... ! But from the description it seems again impressive. I don't know where you find all this knowledge about these games but wow !

edit : ok now, I guess I'll have to merge all these cheats in the next version then, since you added them at the beginning of what there was, it shouldn't be a problem. Congrats again, I should spend more time on this game too one day !

edit again : the run part of the script is quite huge, using a debug build the profile % (f11 key) show misc jumping to about 23% cpu time when activating the console cheat ! It's 5-6% only when using an optimized build like what you have for the releases, but there might be some ways to optimize this...

Edited by Tux

Hello, Tux, thank you for interested in my cheat. I have updated the link, you can download the the file now.

Actually, I don’t have very good knowledge on hacking, all I did is just the trial-and-error works. I use an emulator with the ability to make change to the ram address in a window. I started doing this about 2-3 months before. At first, I just want to make a vs mode for the fighting game that can reselect character after match. To do this, the main concept is ‘how the ram address is changed when a action is taken?’. For example, in real bout fatal fury special, go to the character select screen, then initialize a cheat search (can be treated as an reference point), then select a character. There should be change in some ram address. After listing all the changed address, l test with these one by one, returning them to the original value, finally I find out that $100026 is relevant to this. After changing this address back to the 00, player can reselect character when returning to the character select screen.

After this small success, I even try to change the ram address that I don’t know what it is about (with some special value like 00 , ff, etc), that why I can find out some very strange function, like pause the game, return to the character screen or the test service screen. Of course, after gaining more experience (especially  for the same series), I am more abled to find out which part of the ram is more relevant and should test first.

P.S. My computer programming knowledge is very limited, all I do is just following what I see in the original script. (So, i only using the basic function like poke, peek, if, endif, etc.). So, the script written might not be optimistic. Therefore, I welcome everyone to make changes to my script.

P.S.2 Thank you Tux for considering merge all these cheats in the next version.

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

Well for now the optimization makes a difference only for the debug build, going from 20+% to about 13%, not bad, in the optimized build no real difference.

A lot of things would need to be rewritten to make a real difference, and for now it would be overkill, this thing works quite well.

For a very limited coding experience your latest script is state of the art, comments inside and identations !

Even Antiriad almost never idented his code in the old sources for raine 0.28 and before !

So great work, and it probably took you quite a lot of time !

I didn’t add any comment in my script at first. But after following the advice from you and mer-curious, I try to add some comment for the important part. And I find it very useful now as the script getting much longer.

I spend 5-6 hours a day in front of the computer and take about 5-7 day to finish a game cheat. Most of the time are used for testing the ram address and jot note in iPad to describe all useful and important ram address. I usually deal with 2-3 games at the same period of time, as it is alway discouraged when I can’t discover any new findings in one game. (In fact, I have about 3 game cheat waiting to be uploaded now, just need to make minor adjustments and add some comment first.)

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

I simply moved your cheats to the end of the file, because the main ones are generic, those you added are very specific, and inserted the lines

script " "
script "Forum cheats, see topic 'sharing of cheat used in Raine'"
script " "

just before so that it makes a title section when displaying the cheats in the dialog. I'll do that for the other games you handled later and put that in git.