Sharing of cheat used in Raine

ffman1985

Hello, everyone. I would like to share some cheats for Raine. I am focusing on the old fighting games to make them more console-like, i.e. adding the versus mode or practice mode, etc. If there are any new cheats or update, I will upload them here.

Street Fighter Alpha (Phoenix Edition, sfad.zip): (Updated on 21 Jan 2023)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QHScJsE7SKSr5jQGSF1LaBPxBU2P0bpp/view?usp=share_link

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (rbffspec.zip): (Updated on 8 Jan 2023)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w4Uu8jKu7heY7hiW9HR5Y17lS8Rhz7y4/view?usp=share_link

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

Hello, just update the cheat for Street Fighter Alpha (phoenix edition, sfad.zip). Now, the "vs mode"," training mode"," pause" are combined into one: "Console Mode". And the "Enable Bosses" keeps seperated.

(*The “console mode “ cheat does not work in free play mode in which the title screen is skipped. In my cheat, you don’t have to worry about the credit.)

Features and how to use: 

Enable the cheat at the startup. Then the title screen becomes the menu screen. Press up or down to select the mode. There includes a few modes: Arcade, Verus, Training, Akuma/Gouki, Dramatic.

Training Mode: After player 1 have chosen character, then controller 1 can use to select character of player 2 and vice versa. To change character, press the coin button first and then start putton (no more "New Challenger" screen in the update.)

Versus Mode: Not rely on savestate after the update.

Akuma/Gouki, Dramatic Mode: these are included in the original txt file. I just add them in the “console mode” cheat.

Pause function: the coin button to pause game during battle is included in the "Console Mode" script.

Enable bosses: press down button in the ?box to select the 3 bosses. It is just like the ps or ss version (after entering the codes for the first time.)

Please find the download link at the first post of the topic.image.thumb.png.1134ccf5f874f136809c952e1c1487d6.png

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

Hello ffman1985!

I made a quick test here with the Arcade and Training modes for Street Fighter Alpha and they seem to be working fine. Do your cheats also work with the Japanese version of the game (Street Fighter Zero)?

Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your work.

PS: you could add a brief description of your "Console mode" in the cheats file in order to keep it more independent from your guides in the forums.

Hello, mer-curious, my cheat also work on street fighter zero, i mean switching the region to japanese in the phoenix edition rom. However, on the menu, the word “akuma” is not changed to “gouki” automatically. Yet, you can open the txt file and edit it yourself. Search the text #akuma/gouki# and you will find a part with comment  like #$41/$47# on each line. Here deal with the menu text for akuma/gouki. The number($) on the left side of the comment is for the us version (akuma)and right side for jp version (gouki). Use these number on the poke instructions, there are totally 4 letters needed to changed.

P.S. Will try to add more important information on the cheat file. 
P.S.2 I also prefer to play on the japanese version, as there is special bgm in the dramatic mode. But the us version seems more common…….

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

Thank you ffman1985. There is actually a cheat code to change the game region. Interestingly it keeps the language you selected in the service menu for the Euro version (either English, Spanish or Portuguese) but all the sprites are adapted accordingly, so Alpha becomes Zero, Charlie becomes Nash and M. Bison becomes Vega.

It seems there's no way to display the winning quotes in Japanese though, or am I missing something?

Thank you again. 👍

Hello, mer-curious. The cheat to change the region is useful to me, as it provides me the address to identify the region of the game, so i can update my script next time to change the name “gouki” or “akuma” in the menu according to the region selected. For the region of the game, as i know only the japanese version use the name gouki and nash, but the zero sprite use in a few version other than the japanese ver.

I also test the winning quotes in the japanese ver, and there is no problem for me. Bear in mind that it is the consecutive winning quotes in which it will return to 0 (not display anymore) when losing a battle afterward. When you win a battle again, it shows “1 win”, because the previous wins are not counted.

Hello, mer-curious, it seems that i am misunderstanding the winning quotes you are talking about. You means the game cannot display the japanese text in the winning screen, right?
 I didn’t experience this problem in sfad.zip, but happened in the sfz2ald.zip (street fighter zero 2 alpha asian Phoenix edition). However, I don’t know what cause the problem. (So sad that I notice the problem after I finished the console mode script for sfz2ald.zip.)

Edited by ffman1985
  • Like 1

Hello ffman1985! Yes, I'm talking about the winning messages each character has and that is displayed after every match, just like this:

rvaMPNG.png

I think I've finally found the solution: you have to enable the region cheat and then hard reset the game, then it will be totally in Japanese, as the screenshot below shows:

7aIN72g.png

I think I didn't realize it the first time because the text is cut if you use Raine's standard window size:

AwESzaK.png

But if you increase the window size it will show completely.

It would be a good addition if the text could scroll in that bottom bar. I don't know if Tux would find this doable anyhow, but it would let us see the complete information without the need to change the window size.

Anyway, thank you for your reply and for your work again.

8 hours ago, mer-curious said:

I think I didn't realize it the first time because the text is cut if you use Raine's standard window size:

AwESzaK.png

But if you increase the window size it will show completely.

It would be a good addition if the text could scroll in that bottom bar. I don't know if Tux would find this doable anyhow, but it would let us see the complete information without the need to change the window size.

Anyway, thank you for your reply and for your work again.

Just click on the line one day... ! why do you think it's flashing ? To be clicked !!!

But there was an error here that I didn't notice from the conversion from sdl1, the bg color of the text has become green instead of blue, it's a common bug in the color conversions, it's fixed in git.

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1