Raine 0.94.10 : a late fix... !

Tux

The big focus of this one is the fix around the cps2 driver for the win64 binary, but since these are some bugs which can affect all the versions even if it's less obvious for the others, everyone should update. See the forum thread for the gory details about this bug.

Except that :
 - added some rnd() function to the console to get some random number, help included, I also added some help for the basic peek/dpeek/lpeek functions.
 - New GUI options : "background animation" to eventually stop the background animation for those who suffer from motion sickness, and "Autostart drivers", essentially for me, when I don't want the driver to start in the background as soon as it's loaded.
 - some minor text changes "Action Replay cheats" -> "Game cheats".

Oh yeah there is an optional update for the dlls, I removed 4 dlls from the big list by tweaking the build settings for freetype, these are not the biggest ones, but they sure were useless in windows, so it's a little better. You can keep the old version, the update doesn't bring anything except removing these 4 dlls, and I should probably rename the dlls to some other package because I am bound to have some incompatibilities with old versions, but it will be for next time... !
And I finally used a script to update the windows binaries to avoid the kind of mistake of last time !

Find the update there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 2

Yeah 0.94.9 was the big update on a lot of things, here it's back to normal, the latest history.dat is in extras, there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/extras.html

and I should remove the 2.40 version one day... !

If you always uncompress in the same directory, you keep the files which were included in 0.94.9, that's the idea.

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, pmc2 said:

^^

for your information, the new dlls do not work with XP (error gettickcount64), ok with previous.

Ah yes I forgot about this. Ok then it's from libwinpthread-1.dll.
It should work if you replace just this dll by the previous one. I'll update the dlls packages again with the old version of libwinpthread-1.dll.

It's a lost cause anyway as already said, xp is closed source and Microsoft decided it must die, so it will die, no matter what with time passing the new packages appearing will require functions which are not there. For now it should still be possible to work around it this way though.

yes it's a lost cause in principle but since it works just because of dlls, as long as it works it's still better to use them, especially since the new dlls, as you know, don't actually bring anything to raine ;-)

17 minutes ago, pmc2 said:

yes it's a lost cause in principle but since it works just because of dlls, as long as it works it's still better to use them, especially since the new dlls, as you know, don't actually bring anything to raine ;-)

You never know about that, they are used if they are here even if indirectly, it can be sometimes an important bug fix or a new important feature.
Anyway I updated only dlls32-0.92x.7z with the previous libwinpthread-1.dll it should be ok now (on my side at least it still launches, but I don't have xp).

I don't think it's worth updating the 64 bits version, xp 64 bits is a rarity I doubt anyone will want that.

• Like 1