Raine 0.94.9 : a last 0.94 version...

Tux

Bigger archive than usual because new sdl + new muparser + new history.dat inside !
Except that :
 - it's mostly the big update of the translations. I couldn't contact the spanish or the italian translator, so only the french and brazilian ones are really updated, for the others it's just the minimum updates so that they continue to work. mer-curious sent more patches to change some texts in the english GUI too.
 - added some console functions to handle save states from a post in the forum, we'll see if it's useful or not
 - added the ability to choose a japanese font, see the thread about that in the forum for details (it's optional). For the drivers which had a japanese name, you can now see it from the About dialog, "Driver information"
 - fix a weird crash in windows 64 bits only when using -nogui and a cps2 game (probably related to gcc, used a dummy statement to work around it), and fix another bug related to -nogui when you call the cheat dialog using the keyboard shortcut despite the fact that you started with -nogui !
 - arkangc : finally discovered that the 1st bit of the dipswitch is used for the initial ball speed in this version, it's now handled correctly (I used the cheats to control the ball speed with it so far).
 - fixed some bug in the controls related to mouse buttons, especially for the right mouse button (found out while trying to use the new trick to access the 50 last levels in "arkanoid returns", there is another topic in the forum about that).
 - fixed controller mapping while translating it : the joystick index was wrong, and the window to define the mapping only appeared the 1st time you used this function !

Which makes quite a few changes just for a bug fix release ! Get it from there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 3

Thanks for this new release Tux.

I can't give any feedback now because the server seems to be off line here when I try to download the files. I receive a "file not found" message and the download doesn't start.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon and then I'll be able to try the new version.

Thank you again. 👍

Oh well, wrong directory for the upload, 2nd time, I should really make some automatic script to upload this, that's what I do for the linux versions, I should extend this to include the windows versions, I'll do that next time, sorry !!!

• Like 1

Hi! (first, i think its the first time i post! so thank you so much for continually maintaining this emulator! despite all the other emu... this is my go to for NeoGeo CD emulation :D)
so good news first, for a long time i stuck with an older version(0.93.4), because after you added the controller update that finally made the usage of analog and dpad at the same time possible, for a while there was a weird delay! now its solved (im mentioning it just in case it would make you aware of something).
but now the command list disappeared XD ! i tested Real bout and real bout special! no commands (works perfectly on 0.93.4)!
again thank you for maintaining this emulator, the only reason i still have some games in cue+bin instead of chd is this emulator! thats how much i love it XD !

1 hour ago, Tux said:

hum, "Game command list", 3rd choice from the top in the main menu, blame mer-curious who thinks it's more obvious this way... !

GODDAMIT Mer-curious XD! not only my first post is wrong, but it also has a dumb obvious solution XD! its alright, at least its not gone or bugged.
and you know what, i actually just took the time to try it, he might be right, menu two taps down and bam im in the movelist!
all is good :D

3 hours ago, Gosseyn said:

GODDAMIT Mer-curious XD! not only my first post is wrong, but it also has a dumb obvious solution XD! its alright, at least its not gone or bugged.
and you know what, i actually just took the time to try it, he might be right, menu two taps down and bam im in the movelist!
all is good :D

I'm sorry for that, Gosseyn. It's just that I thought putting both "Game options" and "Game command list" together in the main menu would get the menu more organized instead of placing the command list option in the middle of other unrelated settings. But indeed it does require some adaptation when the disposition of a list changes in a menu.

But I'm happy that you found it useful when navigating with the keyboard. I didn't even think about that when made this suggestion since I don't check the game command list too often.

Anyway, at least we have now some feedback on these subtle changes. 👍

15 minutes ago, mer-curious said:

I'm sorry for that, Gosseyn. It's just that I thought putting both "Game options" and "Game command list" together in the main menu would get the menu more organized instead of placing the command list option in the middle of other unrelated settings. But indeed it does require some adaptation when the disposition of a list changes in a menu.

But I'm happy that you found it useful when navigating with the keyboard. I didn't even think about that when made this suggestion since I don't check the game command list too often.

Anyway, at least we have now some feedback on these subtle changes. 👍

haha! no its actually better ! i was just joking XD! i actually use this emulator since years, its my default emu for neogeo CD! i made this account some time ago (for a neogeo cd sound issue... the music was slow and effect normal... and when messing with the audio option, the music become normal... and effects faster! but since then this was fixed and didn't show up again!) but for some reason i wasn't able to post! today after not finding the commands i had to post XD ! because i use it often for fighting games.

• Like 1

So Tux, I have finally made a quick test with this new version and everything seems to be working correctly. When I created my new install here I noticed two DLL files are updated in this release: SDL2.dll and libmuparser.dll. When I copied the ones from the DLL package I kept the updated ones, ok?

Except that, I was thinking about renaming the "Action Replay cheats" option to just "Game cheats" because I couldn't find any reference of these cheats being related with the Action Replay product, and now we also have ffman1985 creating some new cheats for some games which are not related to the Action Replay either I suppose. So we would have something like this in the main menu:

Game options
Game command list
Game cheats

Is it a good idea?

Finally, I'd like to know if it is possible to make the forward/right d-pad direction command in the controller to work in the GUI as the same as the right arrow key does in the keyboard, that is, to enter menus and to load the games in the game selection list. The other functions such as enabling or disabling cheats already work by using the right d-pad in the controller. I felt the need for that while navigating through the main menu using the d-pad and trying to enter the cheats list still using the d-pad because this is what we do when using the keyboard. Anyway, I know we can do that with the first button but perhaps that could be a nice alternative to use with the controller, if it's not too complicated to implement, of course.

That's it for this post I guess. Thank you so much for your work. 👍

4 hours ago, mer-curious said:

So Tux, I have finally made a quick test with this new version and everything seems to be working correctly. When I created my new install here I noticed two DLL files are updated in this release: SDL2.dll and libmuparser.dll. When I copied the ones from the DLL package I kept the updated ones, ok?

Yeah as usual I made the update and then updated the dlls in the old package so people don't have to redownload all the dlls just for that.

Except that, I was thinking about renaming the "Action Replay cheats" option to just "Game cheats" because I couldn't find any reference of these cheats being related with the Action Replay product, and now we also have ffman1985 creating some new cheats for some games which are not related to the Action Replay either I suppose. So we would have something like this in the main menu:

Game options
Game command list
Game cheats

Is it a good idea?

Yeah why not, I wondered also from time to time why it was chosen like this, probably because action replay was very famous at the time of raine creation, but it's quite a different system indeed, they usually use some kind of device... It's done, and this time the region is not broken.

By the way, shouldn't it be "Game commands list" ? It's a list of many commands and not just 1... !

Finally, I'd like to know if it is possible to make the forward/right d-pad direction command in the controller to work in the GUI as the same as the right arrow key does in the keyboard, that is, to enter menus and to load the games in the game selection list. The other functions such as enabling or disabling cheats already work by using the right d-pad in the controller. I felt the need for that while navigating through the main menu using the d-pad and trying to enter the cheats list still using the d-pad because this is what we do when using the keyboard. Anyway, I know we can do that with the first button but perhaps that could be a nice alternative to use with the controller, if it's not too complicated to implement, of course.

That's it for this post I guess. Thank you so much for your work. 👍

Hehe, sorry but not this time, because there is a difference with the keyboard : if when you move your pad or your stick on the right you are not on an item with multiple selections then the menu scrolls 1 page down, equivalent to page down key. Yeah I guess the scroll down key could be mapped to something else like triggers, we'll think about it, eventually later, but not for now.

i see there is a new version but, i updated on windows with nothing out of the ordinary everything seems alrgiht!
i just wanna say that i also used the pkg build files on manjaro (kde if it matters) and while i had to install sdl2 and add a command to ignore the version check (i think, im not that good with linux) it built alrgiht and works perfectly too :D !
i have some questions but i think i should make a new post for that!