Question about the cheat function in Raine

ffman1985

Just to be perfectly sure I did that in windows, in msys 32 bits

git pull

then make on a makefile for the debug version

then copied the mshud.txt file from the attachment above.

Then ran the game inserted a coin, ran the script took this picture.

If you get something else then we really don't live in the same world !

mshud.png

Sorry, it seems you have some misunderstanding here. My goal is to remove the gauntlet. If the gauntlet still here, it means the address  $90C090, $90C094 are NOT equal to $6000. 

By the way, I found a simple way to remove the gauntlet by moving it out of the screen. You may test the for loop in other area, thank you very much for your help and the adding of the new function. 

Edited by ffman1985

In my first post (with 3 test), the test2, and test3 fail. But the first test script success, you should see the gauntlet remove very slowly (and the script must be started at the tite screen, maybe you start the script eariler so you can't see the effect.)

Ok, finally understood so there is indeed a bug, actually 2 bugs in the for loop, here is what happens when you do many things at the same time... !

Anyway it's fixed, your test2 now clears the whole screen keeping only the stars.

Work as intended, thank you for fixing it.

Edit:

I change the test 2 script from on: to run:, it still run effectively and not affect misc % a lot.

Edit2:

The self-defined variable does not restore to zero when software reset. So, the script may not work after reset, provided that the script is executed before reset.

Edited by ffman1985

Nope at the exit of the loop the variable has the last value which made it to exit and keeps it even if there is a reset, but if you execute a loop again, the 1st instruction of the loop is always executed so the old value doesn't matter.

When you reset all the scripts are stopped, if you start it again then it should work.

Once again : the initialization part of the loop is always executed, so whatever value there is in the loop variable when the loop starts is not relevant.