Question about the cheat function in Raine

ffman1985

I would like to know if it is possible to execute some more complex instructions in the cheat script, eg. saving and loading state? (Like the following:)

If peek($123abc)==$ab

Save to kof97.sv0

Endif

If peek($123abc)==$cd

Load from kof97.sv0

Endif

I would like to create a script that automatically make a save under certain circumstance, and automatically load the save under another circumstance. If it is possible, what is the syntax for saving and loading a state?

Edited by ffman1985

Well the functions do not exist yet, but it should be trivial to do, although it's a little hard to imagine how you could use that, but I'll leave that to you...

you now have :

set_save_slot number : where 0 <= number <= 9, to choose save slot, like key F3
save_state : like key F2
load_state : like key F4

Edited by Tux

Hello, Tux. Thank you for adding the new function. With this new function, I have created script that change the gameplay to verus mode for the Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (rbffspec) using the save/load function in cheat script. (I will create more of it for other old fighting games). Here is my work, feel free to have a look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s1HEDh9s_ncRwOd0-Qx3eZkNSk_DjTz1/view?usp=share_link

In the txt file, there is also a boss hack and a practice mode cheat. Press Start button can change character during battle and you Do Not need controller 2 to select character for player 2. All the 3 new cheat are on the top of the file. Again, thank you for your great effort in making that new fuction.

Edited by ffman1985

Also, can I use any random number function (eg between 1 to 100 or 0 to 99) in the script? If yes, what is the syntax of it?
I want this because I want to control the probability of the cases to happen, something like the following:

if RND<50

poke $12345 $ab

else

poke $12345 $cd

endif

I am not using that for cheating. I use the script to make a vs mode for some older fighting game. I want that 50/50 probabilities function, because i want to set that 50% chance playing the battle music of the 1p character and 50% chance playing that of 2p character.

Well after some tries : the basic random function in C is not exactly random, it expects some random seed to be fed, so you can initialize the seed yourself, or call repeatedly the rand() function for a real random interval this time to get a chance to get some real random number...

... too complex for that. Luckily for you there is an alternative : openssl provides its version of a random number generator and random numbers are important for cryptography so it's serious this time. Since it's already used by curl, it's just a lib which was already here anyway.

The result : a function rnd() which returns a random byte, that is, a number between 0 & 255.

So you see, simple request, but not so easy solution... ! But anyway it's done...

Hello, Tux, appreciate for making this new function for me and also the fixing of the CPS2 Save function. I am so sorry that I have requested so much in a short period of time. (No next time). With the three new functions for cheat scripts, it allows to do something extra and more complex. I hope I can make sth useful and share here in the future.

Edited by ffman1985

Just use the new rnd() function on my vs mode cheat of rbffspec, it nows have equal chance of playing the bgm from p1 character and p2 character (unlike the old version which only play the bgm from p1 character since loading from a savestate.). Here is the updated file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jl1Il-bQaibfx5Mf05y6eAXctszJh5CA/view?usp=share_link

Again, thank you Tux for making those new functions for the cheat script.

Nice job, ffman1985! The lack of a practice mode in older fighting games is really a down side for newcomers and/or for players who want to try new combos. I guess they weren't added even in recent releases of the games such as the ones for the Switch, which is a shame.

I tried here your cheat and it worked Ok for the "Practice Mode", but the "VS Mode" is returning the following error:

pgMcqlI.png

And then I have to click Ok many times to continue. Some times it works, some times it gets stuck there prompting "Ok" and I never am taken back to the game.

My NG BIOS is set to "Unibios 4.0" and the region is "Japan" and Console".

Hopefully this can be fixed.

Thank you anyway for sharing your work here. 👍