Raine 0.94.8 : very small fixes...

Tux

It's mainly to give a binary to those who don't compile from git, because there was a bad bug in 0.94.7 which broke the region switch in all the games which had one ! So basically, it's just this fix, + the fixes for soldam discussed in a recent forum's thread. Sorry, I had my share of problems this month, so no shiny new additions, just some official binaries for this important fix (it was because of mer-curious changes in the menus, but I should have noticed it, I wasn't careful enough).

Find 0.94.8 there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this new release, Tux! And I am sorry for you tough month. 😔

I also apologize for breaking the region setup. I didn't think changing some of those texts in the GUI could break something in the program.

By the way, I have reviewed some more texts in the code and created another two PRs for you to consider. I guess some of the texts I changed are just related to the debug, but I wasn't sure about that, so I changed it anyway. But if you think they can break something again you can reject them if nothing can be done to avoid it.

Thank you so much again for your work and happy holidays! 😊

all of them ? the drivers ? Well it depends on what you mean by working, but most of them already do.

Now we can always be surprised to find some old bug hidden in a driver which hadn't been changed for 20+ years like what happened for soldam recently, so it's very hard to tell when things are really finished on this side... !

1 hour ago, Hyperscorpio said:

All of them working.

13 hours ago, Tux said:

all of them ? the drivers ? Well it depends on what you mean by working, but most of them already do.

I mean the one's still not 100%. Or maybe i'm confused, because i don´t use Raine since as been stopped.

I just run today raine and i saw 23 games on the list is still not working yet.

Edited by Hyperscorpio

1 hour ago, Hyperscorpio said:

I mean the one's still not 100%. Or maybe i'm confused, because i don´t use Raine since as been stopped.

I just run today raine and i saw 23 games on the list is still not working yet.

Well the reasons are actually varied for these games to still be on the "non working" list :

- arkanoid is just a parent set which never worked, but since there are already many versions of the game which work, there's no reason to take the trouble to make it work. The closest version is arkatayt, and there is a bootleg with a level selector builtin, arkangc.
 - dangar is an unfinished driver started by Antiriad in the old days, he actually thought it was a 68k + z80, but it's actually 2 z80s inside, so only the sound z80 is emulated for now, so the driver is barely started, and there is no motivation to continue it so far.
 - air inferno / american horsehoe and some others in the list it's some pseudo 3d taito hardware, never emulated in raine, and never felt the urge to try to emulate it neither, here again it's started by Antiriad, but never finished (there were quite a few drivers he started in 0.28 that I finished later, but not these ones).
 - chaknpop : not sure about this one, it still uses the 8bpp video functions, so it displays garbage on modern hardware, but except that its main problem is an unemulated mcu (protection chip), this driver was never touched since raine moved to git, except for the big modifications which touched all the drivers.
 - there are a few cps1 bootlegs which don't work because they were imported while importing a list of drivers from mame but they work quite differently from the original hardware and they don't seem really interesting, so not worth the trouble (dinosaur hunter, etc...).
 - operation wolf 3 : Antiriad was happy to have this one only in raine for quite some years but actually it doesn't work with the recent rom dumps, I never investigated why, sorry I really don't like the game, and I need to like the games at least a little to work on them !
 - Rally bike : it's a toaplan which was never finished, well obviously not one of the most interesting toaplan games. It has video alignment and video priorities issues, so it's long to fix, motivation quite low.
 - Record breaker : I actually don't know why this game is in "non working", the intro demo seems to work, and since there is no comment in the driver to say why and it was put there before moving to git, I have no idea, it might actually work, at least partially, need more testing.

That is about all the reasons there are, so nothing hot about to be fixed soon there, it's more about either the forgotten drivers or the drivers which don't need to be fixed because there are better alternatives. A few could be fixed if someone gets enough motivation (which is very unlikely currently !), and "record breaker" might work at least partially !

• Like 1