Raine 0.94.7 : just a better 0.94.6... !

Tux

On 10/18/2022 at 7:35 AM, Tux said:

Yeah loading the parent is a good idea, it's just surprising nobody thought about it earlier, it's already done for history.dat which has almost the same format so it's strange it wasn't done for command.dat. There are a few examples where it can be useful like 1944d for 1944, and it's only 2 lines to do that, so it's done.

Thank you for this work-around, Tux! I'm glad that it was an easy implementation from you.

By the way, I think it would be nice to also have the history.dat included in the releases, no? Therefore we would have the complete support files for the roms: command.dat, history.dat and hiscore.dat.

Except that, have you thought about my suggestion for the Recent games list?

Thank you very much again for your work.

9 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Thank you for this work-around, Tux! I'm glad that it was an easy implementation from you.

By the way, I think it would be nice to also have the history.dat included in the releases, no? Therefore we would have the complete support files for the roms: command.dat, history.dat and hiscore.dat.

Except that, have you thought about my suggestion for the Recent games list?

Thank you very much again for your work.

I add it for windows only when there's something new inside, if you overwrite your directory with each new release, you have it.

It's because the file is quite big, and it's a waste of space if there's nothing new inside.

It's in every linux release though, because for linux it's more complex to remove it only sometimes !

edit : also, linux binary versions are not archived, if you want an old linux version you must compile it. In these conditions it's mandatory to include the data files !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1