Raine 0.94.7 : just a better 0.94.6... !

Tux

There was a big bug related to cheats in 0.94.6, some games lost most of their cheats because of it, so that's the main fix of this version, and if you don't use them you can skip this update if you like ! Still about cheats the mouse didn't work in the cheats dialog and for some reason it took more than 1 year to get noticed, I know I use mainly the keyboard in raine, but it's strange nobody reported it earlier ! And the new kof clones get some cheats too.

Except that mer-curious continued his quest to fix the texts of the interface, since I didn't update the translations accordingly yet you might see some english text appear in some places if using one of the translations.

That's all, get it from there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 1

Thank you for this new release, Tux!

I can't provide any feedback based on this version yet because the link to the update seems down in the downloads page. It is returning a "file not found" error. I've tried to refresh the page to see if it would take any effect but it didn't work.

After this error I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible to also provide the releases through GitHub as well. Most emulators do that, and it could be an alternative if or when 1emulation presents any kind of issues in their servers.

Thanks again for your great work.

Wrong directory, my bad !!! 1st time I did that, I must be tired, it's fixed.

I didn't look into releases on github, but 2 binaries to release on 1 site is already enough to make a mistake clearly, so I'll avoid to make things even more complex.

It would be nice if there was an automatic way to generate a binary package on github, but with all the dependancies and the fact that it's in windows, it's unlikely.

• Like 1

I don't use dat files but I remember some people did that, using the command line options, so yeah there is a way. It won't produce any dat file directly though, but it can give the information required to create one.

4 minutes ago, tepman said:

I'm new in this emulator. I want to rebuild a complete romset. What commandline is avaiable. THX in advance.

raine -h to see them, assuming you have a good terminal, if you don't see anything, try raine -h > file and look into file.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voodoo84 said:

In ClrMamePro you can still create Raine .dat file by clicking "Create" in the Profiler window, pointing to Raine.exe and specifying "RAINE" as emulator type. That's how I maintain my set.

Works perfect. Thanks

• Like 2

Hello Tux! So I finally had the chance to test the new Recent and Most played games lists now and apparently they are working fine. But I am still a little bothered with the fluctuating information in the Recent list. Every time we visit it there is new data because even the seconds are counted. I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to just show the date in which the game was last played? I think this would let the menu more visually stable without many different information especially in a short period of time.

Except that, I'd like to know if you could add "kof2001h" on the side of "kof2001" in the commands.dat file. This clone fixes the AES options screen in the game, but since it is a cloned rom it is not showing the game command list in the GUI. I know I could do it it myself by opening the command.dat file and adding a comma and "kof2001h" after the "kof2001" string, but perhaps if you do it in the original embedded file it could benefit others too.

I don't know why dumpers decided the "kof2001" as the parent rom since it has the broken options menu in AES mode. But anyway, if there's a fixed version that's what I will use because I have my Unibios set as Console.

Another way to work around this issue would be to add an option such as "Show command list to cloned ROMs", and this would take effect in every cloned rom which has a command list associated with the parent in the command.dat file. You could place this option in the GUI options. But honestly I haven't felt the need for that yet, since the only case which I really need it is KOF2001 as of now.

Anyway, I'll wait your thoughts on the better solution.

Thank you again for your continuing work. 👍

Edited by mer-curious

Yeah loading the parent is a good idea, it's just surprising nobody thought about it earlier, it's already done for history.dat which has almost the same format so it's strange it wasn't done for command.dat. There are a few examples where it can be useful like 1944d for 1944, and it's only 2 lines to do that, so it's done.

• Like 1