Start a game without gui in Windows 10

ffman1985

Did anyone try to create a shortcut to start a game without seeing the gui of raine?

Assume I want a shortcut for kof96 and the location of my file is as follow:

D:\Games\raine64\raine.exe

D:\Games\Neogeo\kof96.zip

I try the following command in the shortcut, but fail, can anyone help me please, thx.

D:\Games\raine64\raine.exe -nogui "D:\Games\Neogeo\kof96.zip"

... and fixed ! It's a bug which is here since the 1st sdl2 version, which means that nobody ever tried to run a game from the command line in windows with the sdl2 version, or didn't report the problem, it's because windows requires a special glsl initialization, which was skipped if using the command line this way.

Sorry !

Yeah I guessed it was older than that after posting, it would be here since opengl became the default display method then, which would make it a very, very old bug !

Well since most people in windows probably don't even know there is a command line, the only ones who could use that would be the ones using frontends to run raine. It's quite surprising none tried and failed to use one then... !

18 minutes ago, ffman1985 said:

Even I use the version 0.94.4 (64bit), the -nogui command does not work.

well it works for neocd games !

It's not windows specific this time. And it works if you don't put the -nogui. For now, just don't put the -nogui thing, I'll fix it later... !

Anyway just tested in windows 10 to be sure it works, it does, here is a screenshot to prove it : (tested also with the iso contents extracted to a zip without a cue file).

Capture.PNG

Edited by Tux