Sound association problem in kof94 & 95

ffman1985

I think I can guess the reason behind. The record demo function is just a function to record my input. However, the action (decision) of the Cpu alway change. So, every time I load the demo, the result alway different.

Anyway, I will try to build the 32bit debug build afterward.

Edited by ffman1985

50 minutes ago, ffman1985 said:

I think I can guess the reason behind. The record demo function is just a function to record my input. However, the action (decision) of the Cpu alway change. So, every time I load the demo, the result alway different.

Anyway, I will try to build the 32bit debug build afterward.

It's called "random seed", the random numbers depend on an initial seed, if you restore this seed you have the same sequence of events, here it was missed.

You can either try the debug build, or try a demo in 32 bits (I am not 100% sure the 32 bits version would work, but it's more likely than here).

And it's hard to tell what was not saved here as the random seed... !!!

I have no idea what this code uses as a random seed, but it's very strange that it's not saved... For now, absolutely no idea, it's probably safer to use the debug build in this case, it's likely the same behavior will also be in the 32 bits version, it looks like some external source of data which is not saved, although I have absolutely no idea what it is.

Edited by Tux

Well it's done on an old git, do a git pull to update your git and restart.

Your version has a kof94 which takes 2 bytes as argument of the 14h command, it's 1 now.

Since your 25h is just after that, it's probably the source of your bug, so you can assume it's already fixed.

5 minutes ago, ffman1985 said:

Finally, I can produce a save state that the bug occurs. From raine32, AES Japan.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jcp9zbfd7iqvYTq62ICP1Vh8SQ4J60Ac/view?usp=sharing

And I can confirm it's already fixed in git, just update your git. The sequence is here :

cmd 14 mode 0
cmd 5e mode 2
cmd 1c mode 0
cmd 25 mode 2

Before command 14h was taking 2 bytes as argument, so they were 5eh and 1ch here, leaving 25h alone, so it was taken as a song number. Except now 14h takes only 1 byte in the last version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ffman1985 said:

Thank you for fixing the bug.

Sorry that I did’t update to the latest version before test. 

I am not going to complain at least you are using git, which is very rare around here ! Thanks for finding it too, but it was fixed in the long process sorting all these type2 games yesterday... !