Sound association problem in kof94 & 95

ffman1985

Some sound association problems happen in the newer version of raine. During the battle in kof94 & 95, sometimes, when there are some special hit sound effect (eg from the art of fighting members in kof94), it may lead to the music stops completely or switches to some other music track.

Edited by ffman1985

Specific to a particular stage or any battle ? There was no change in the current version for this so it's probably an old problem

Well I can't seem able to reproduce this in kof94 (but I am not a good player !), so I'll need a lot more details !

Edited by Tux

It can happen in any stage with very high frequency. I think it is easier to see the problem in kof95 (just play normally). As for kof94, using art of fighting members will easier to occur.
It happens not only in current version, in fact, this exists long time ago. 

Edited by ffman1985

Hello guys!

If you allow me to help, I was able to reproduce the "music stop" sound association issue in KOF95. I don't really know if it is indeed related to the Art of Fighting team (Ryo, Robert and Takuma characters), but I was using these characters as recommended by ffman1985.

Gladly I was doing save states before every round started so I think I found a good place to easily reproduce it. You just have to hit the character Kyo with any punches or kickes. It doesn't matter if he guards or not your attacks, as long as they reach him.

Here's the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L1kd7eqmGFS9Nt5FjBJkBwUn9iYOuGja/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully you both will be able to reproduce it in your setups.

Curiously I had already experienced this music stop (and possibly the music change) issue in KOF98 before, but it happened so randomly during a match that I couldn't even find a safe way to reproduce it in order to file a bug report here in the forum, so I just forgot about it for a while hoping that I could finally reproduce it again some day. Well, maybe this day has come? Hopefully the KOF95 bug will be the same as the one in KOF94 and KOF98.

I'm also posting my associations configuration for KOF95 in case you need it, here:

[kof95:assoc]
33 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 02.mp3
34 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 09.mp3
loop34 = 1
35 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 11.mp3
loop35 = 1
36 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 13.mp3
loop36 = 1
37 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 16.mp3
loop37 = 1
38 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 19.mp3
loop38 = 1
39 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 21.mp3
loop39 = 1
40 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 23.mp3
loop40 = 1
41 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 25.mp3
loop41 = 1
42 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 29.mp3
loop42 = 1
43 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 39.mp3
44 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 04.mp3
loop44 = 1
45 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 27.mp3
46 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 28.mp3
48 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 06.mp3
49 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 08.mp3
51 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 31.mp3
52 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 36.mp3
53 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 37.mp3
54 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 38.mp3
55 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 33.mp3
loop55 = 1
56 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 03.mp3
loop56 = 1
57 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 35.mp3
80 = d:\unzipped\games\NEO-GEO CD\King of Fighters '95\King of Fighters 95 - Track 41.mp3

The track that plays in the save state is track 09.

Thank you for your attention! 👍

Edited by mer-curious

kof98 is a completely different game for the associations, not at all comparable with kof94/95 sorry. So changes for these 2 will not impact kof98 at all. These 2 category includes galaxyfg, 3countb, fatfury2, fatfury3... and so it's a problem to know if the change detected here is specific to kof94/95, or general to all these games, so it will take quite some time to test all that.

edit : it seems there is a new prefix for the sound commands, this makes a new experimental build to test, 64 bits only since that's what mer-curious uses, it seems to work for kof95, maybe for kof94 (I was not able to reproduce the problem here), but expect no change for kof98. For info I found this while making no real associations for the game, I just used the debug messages I get in a debug build which tell if the song changes... !

exp.7z

Edited by Tux

After testing kof94, I find that the problem of 94 is not as serious as 95. It is obviously that using Ryo (Mexico member) always cause problems. Simply press abc together, after Ryo gains maximum power, the music change. Here is the sound list for kof94:

[kof94:assoc]
33 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 02.mp3
loop33 = 1
34 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 03.mp3
loop34 = 1
35 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 04.mp3
loop35 = 1
36 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 05.mp3
loop36 = 1
37 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 06.mp3
loop37 = 1
38 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 07.mp3
loop38 = 1
39 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 08.mp3
loop39 = 1
40 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 09.mp3
loop40 = 1
41 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 10.mp3
loop41 = 1
42 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Opening(JP Ver).mp3
43 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 11.mp3
loop43 = 1
44 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 17.mp3
48 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 12.mp3
49 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 13.mp3
50 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 14.mp3
loop50 = 1
52 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 18.mp3
53 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 19.mp3
64 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 15.mp3
65 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 16.mp3
81 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Opening(USA Ver).mp3
82 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 22.mp3
83 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 23.mp3
84 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 23.mp3
85 = D:\Games\Neo Geo CD\The King of Fighters 94\King of Fighters 94 - Track 23.mp3

Update:

I try to use the.exe provided above, it seems that the problem in kof94 is solved. However, in kof95, there are still some problems. Please download the following savestate. When Rugal win the match and hurt himself, the music disappeared (you may need to reload the save a few times to get that winning post).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nB2tgwSpzAnMYvKwYRQcefGhd1lQ7n6W/view?usp=sharing

Sorry I can't reproduce anything with this save, the graphics are totally garbled when loading it, I don't know how you did that, but the game is not frozen, it still reacts to inputs, I can press a+b+c to get to full power but it has no effect on any music playing or not. After that a makes the final punch, victory, and still nothing happens for the music.

Ok, finally did it, there are random sounds playing, one of them stops the music, which gives us 2 more prefix commands, because I tested some more manually, and another test build. This one should be good everywhere, assuming it doesn't break things in the other games of this kind, but it shouldn't.

exp.7z

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tux said:

kof98 is a completely different game for the associations, not at all comparable with kof94/95 sorry. So changes for these 2 will not impact kof98 at all. These 2 category includes galaxyfg, 3countb, fatfury2, fatfury3... and so it's a problem to know if the change detected here is specific to kof94/95, or general to all these games, so it will take quite some time to test all that.

edit : it seems there is a new prefix for the sound commands, this makes a new experimental build to test, 64 bits only since that's what mer-curious uses, it seems to work for kof95, maybe for kof94 (I was not able to reproduce the problem here), but expect no change for kof98. For info I found this while making no real associations for the game, I just used the debug messages I get in a debug build which tell if the song changes... !

exp.7zUnavailable

Hello Tux! I wasn't able to test this very experimental version because the forum says the attachment is "unavailable". But I did try the second one which you posted later and could no longer reproduce the music stop issue in KOF95. I tried both my save state and ffman1985's one with Rugal. By the way, I also experienced the graphics corruption in his save file. I wonder how he triggered that? Perhaps he could provide some more details...

I also went and tried to reproduce the music change issue reported by ffman1985 in KOF94 and could replicate it consistently here by pressing ABC together to fill the power gauge with the Ryo character. Gladly this issue has also been fixed by the test version you provided.

And just to correct what I said about KOF98, I experienced the "music stop" issue there once, but the "music change" bug was actually noticed in Art of Fighting 3. Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce it there easily to file a bug report, so I simply let it pass.

Anyway, I hope that your fix for KOF94 and 95 can also work for AOF3 at least. I'll see if I can eventually reproduce the issue in KOF98 again.

Thank you so much for your work.