ARCADE 0.246.0

Robert

I'm crossing my fingers you Mamesick & whoever else comes up with a plan. Can you compile ARCADE without a UI as I would use that if it came to it. Anyways THANKS for all the work you & others have put into ARCADE over the years. THANKS

57 minutes ago, Robert said:

Look here:

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/7c98beb5f4dbf5a4ba267c8a7ce7e3da65517842

as you can see, the one who is often so critical of the coding of others has said he doesn't care since it works for him.

A short while ago, an idea occurred to me which I've passed on. Perhaps it might help, or it might be ignored. We'll see.

Terrific. Probably my old PC isn't able to compile MAME anymore. I perfectly understand your feelings, the only hope is that maybe a lot of people will not be able to compile MAME anymore and so the commit will be reverted. Fingers crossed.

For the rest, you know what is my opinion about some "Developers". There's nothing to add.

15 minutes ago, Agard said:

I'm crossing my fingers you Mamesick & whoever else comes up with a plan. Can you compile ARCADE without a UI as I would use that if it came to it. Anyways THANKS for all the work you & others have put into ARCADE over the years. THANKS

Don't hold your breath. The problem is not compile an ARCADE version without the GUI, the problem is that MAME seems to be a bloatware now and for a  lot of people isn't possible to compile it anymore.

They suggest to use the LLD linker, which is not usable in the WINUI code, so yes, Robbbert is right. It's probably the end of ARCADE, MAMEUI and others.

Edited by mamesick
  • Sad 1

Current status: My suggestion turned out to be wrong because I had facts in error, so still no solution in sight.

The revert has been done for ARCADE and it's working at this moment. MameUI has not been changed since the last release except to fix Ctrl A in the audit-results window. MessUI is currently broken, because I'm doing the testing with that one.

I'm told that even if the commit was reverted, another "unrevertible" commit is just around the corner, maybe next month.

2 hours ago, Agard said:

Can you compile ARCADE without a UI as I would use that if it came to it.

Anyone can make an arcade-only non-GUI build, you don't need me for that.

A new change was made that fixes MESSUI and MAMEUI.

I'll try Arcade tomorrow, but first I need to unrevert what I did before.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/42f62eb32597912640b88a70587905c5721abbf2

don't get your hopes too high though, there's more changes on the way which means we're unlikely to make it to next year.

• Like 1