ARCADE 0.246.0

Robert

ARCADE64  0.246.0 is released.

Download location: https://arcade.mameworld.info/

The change to the directory structure was able to be handled, without losing our modifications.

You might have noticed an extra ".0" appended to the version - this is to indicate that we are not using vanilla MAME but a modified version of it. As you know ARCADE64 carries over the changes that came with MAMEUIFX.

• Thanks 3

• Robert changed the title to ARCADE 0.246.0

A friend of mine that knows how to compile would like to know what is used to compile ARCADE now. Thanks

He's getting loads of other things not associated with ARCADE Thanks

Edited by Agard

Just letting you guys know, it looks like the next release will be the final one. Those who pull the strings over at MAME have added code which kills off all the WinUI-based projects. Just this once I will remove said code so that we can make one last release for you, and we can go out on a high.

If you guys want to figure out a more permanent solution, I'm happy to take it on board, but make sure the solution actually works before you talk to me.

I'll make a new thread closer to the end of month explaining a bit more technically what the problem is.

6 hours ago, Robert said:

Just letting you guys know, it looks like the next release will be the final one. Those who pull the strings over at MAME have added code which kills off all the WinUI-based projects. Just this once I will remove said code so that we can make one last release for you, and we can go out on a high.

If you guys want to figure out a more permanent solution, I'm happy to take it on board, but make sure the solution actually works before you talk to me.

I'll make a new thread closer to the end of month explaining a bit more technically what the problem is.

May I ask which commit is the cause? I haven't seen anything malicious in the last two weeks. Please give us details.

Thank you

Edited by mamesick

Look here:

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/7c98beb5f4dbf5a4ba267c8a7ce7e3da65517842

as you can see, the one who is often so critical of the coding of others has said he doesn't care since it works for him.

A short while ago, an idea occurred to me which I've passed on. Perhaps it might help, or it might be ignored. We'll see.