ARCADE 0.245

Robert

On 6/29/2022 at 10:33 AM, Robert said:

There were 5 attempts to kill off winui, but it was possible to revert all those changes and keep the project going.

What changes couse this ?

main.lua was modified numerous times, every one of those changes stopped arcade from compiling. I went back to the version before any of those changes were done. I also reverted the change to verinfo.py. Additionally, for mess/messui, the icon and special settings were all deleted and I had to restore 4 files.

You have to look in repository of the program you want to compile. main.lua is in scripts/src; verinfo.py is in scripts/build. There's copies of both in docs/release/scripts (same directory structure).

On 7/1/2022 at 1:15 PM, Hyperscorpio said:

Get pleasuredome magnet with all mame roms, do a rebuild scan and you are good way to go.

LOL. I do, it's easy and it takes a minute.

https://pleasuredome.github.io/pleasuredome/mame/

OK, thanks. I see the magnet address. Never have used magnet.

As rom manager I use clrmame.  I've always added the latest update packs.

Now I miss these many uninteresting roms out of many different packs, an update pack therefor is nowhere to find, of course.

I see that there's a Rebuilder in clrmame but I don't know how to use it.

Edited by 18Phoenix

• 3 weeks later...

The survey ran for 6 and a half weeks which I think was long enough. You need to visit here at least once a month to keep in touch with what's going on.

It's like those people who complain about their country's political situation, and then they don't bother to vote.

You can always make your own cut-down version by modifying arcade.flt before compiling.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, 18Phoenix said:

OK, thanks. I see the magnet address. Never have used magnet.

As rom manager I use clrmame.  I've always added the latest update packs.

Now I miss these many uninteresting roms out of many different packs, an update pack therefor is nowhere to find, of course.

I see that there's a Rebuilder in clrmame but I don't know how to use it.

I will help you out if you need it just pm me

On 7/26/2022 at 11:09 AM, Robert said:

The survey ran for 6 and a half weeks which I think was long enough. You need to visit here at least once a month to keep in touch with what's going on.

It's like those people who complain about their country's political situation, and then they don't bother to vote.

You can always make your own cut-down version by modifying arcade.flt before compiling.

But you still update the Arcade as normally do? Or keep the github compilling automatic and make the file untouchable to not future deleted. 

Edited by Hyperscorpio