Raine 0.93.5

Tux

Well you're just unlucky here, I don't know how you can do that, it's related to the length of the games list probably but I just can't reproduce that at all. (even tried the win64 binary).

But anyway I would have refused to make another binary in these conditions ! Well I can tell you that running the 64 bits binary with an empty roms directory works for sure, and it works too with a big game list. As I said : no idea how you did that, but if you find a clue, I am interested !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

Hello Tux! I would have edited my previous post for this, but since you have already replied to that, I decided to create another one.

So, it seems that the crash is only triggered when using the mouse to navigate the "Change/Load Rom" menu. What I do exactly is:

- I enter the "Change/Load Rom" option

- I put the mouse cursor over the "Options" string (there is just that when you don't have a config file already setup)

- As soon as I do that the program crashes

It seems that if you remain using just the keyboard there, the crash won't happen.

Anyway, just a quick update that might possibly help you reproduce the problem.

Thank you again for your super fast support. 👍

Ok ! This I can reproduce !

Well too bad, as I said, no new binary while I am not in perfect shape, so it can be a few days from now.

Actually this bug was probably already here in 0.93.5b, except I didn't see it, I never restart from an empty config...

Meanwhile working around it is quite easy : just make sure you have non empty roms directory, it's enough and you'll be able to select options without crashing !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

It's fixed in git, it's a special case for the yesterday's fix, when the list is empty menu_disp becomes unreachable, I didn't even think about that yesterday, which comforts me in the idea to avoid to make any new binary for now.

Stupid bug again ! It's irritating !

• Like 1

Hey Tux! I'm glad you could reproduce and fix this little issue.

Maybe you should release a new version soon since the previous one in the Downloads page is crashing? I guess it could affect new users trying Raine. Or you could just remove revision C from there if you'd prefer.

But in the end it is being good to release these revisions so users can try them and possibly report some minor issues, which is what I am doing lately.

Anyway, thank you again for your great work. 🙂

Ok, this is becoming ridiculous. Change from yesterday : top is an index for displayed items and not for all items, so :

-       for (index = top; index < nb_items; index++) {
+       for (index = menu_disp[top]; index < nb_items; index++) {
And now change from today : that's all good an nice, except that if the list is empty, then menu_disp becomes undefined, and you can't access menu_disp[] at all. So :

-       for (index = menu_disp[top]; index < nb_items; index++) {
+       for (index = (menu_disp ? menu_disp[top] : 0); index < nb_items; index++) {

I don't see what else could go wrong in this stupid piece of code anyway. Maybe something else somewhere else, but not here ! Anyway, that's the 0.93.5d then, removed 5a, 5b, and 5c from the server.

Sorry I am still not in perfect shape so I am not really in mood to make some large scale tests... so it's a bet, but after so many failures it should work !

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Info: 0.93.5d compiling nicely in Arch Linux with your provided pkgbuild. Thanks for your dedicated effort.

Yeah that's what I use to create the tar.xz file which is automatically posted on the site, it serves as a verification, but thanks for the confirmation anyway !

Expecting temperatures over 35° this week, so I'll try to find a hole somewhere and wait... !

Just to say that, although this emulator is a one-man project and much more focused compared to two other heavyweights, I'm regularly following the development and your effort over the years is incredibly respectable. Please don't ever close the shop, even if you occasionally get tyred of it :)

21 hours ago, Voodoo84 said:

Just to say that, although this emulator is a one-man project and much more focused compared to two other heavyweights, I'm regularly following the development and your effort over the years is incredibly respectable. Please don't ever close the shop, even if you occasionally get tyred of it :)

Thanks for the encouragement ! Well I am currently having my worst year ever, after loosing this dog I will probably loose my mother soon, even if it's the result of a long disease so it's not really a surprise. Add to this crazy temperatures, 41°C next Monday... If the world cools down and becomes less crazy, I'll probably try to make some more releases, but for now it's impossible !

• Sad 2