Raine 0.93.5

Tux

Nothing fancy here, just some fixes and little improvements here and there. Actually 0.93.4 was using libmpg123 for mp3 decoding, and this version reverts to the decoder included in sdl2_sound, which makes quite a mess in the dlls. So the dlls are updated for this version, be sure to update from the right dlls package (32 or 64 bits).

The unofficial binaries I released in the forum had at least a bug to load any neocd game, that's why I finally release this binary with everything fixed and tidy. You can see the changes in git, nothing exciting here as I said, I started to remove the old analog input section from inputs which has been broken for ages, but so far the new way to handle this works only for chasehq & contcirc. I had planned to add a new driver with something more consequent for these new inputs, but I missed time and motivation for that sorry, I lost a dog who shared my life for 15 years at the end of march, then some family problem, then the heat in the beginning of june... ! Anyway raine is not dead at least, and you get this new binary. I tested it in linux only but everything should be fine.

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 2

Hey Tux! I'm so sorry for your dog. He/she must have been a dear member of your family for being with you for so many years. I also have a cat that is with us for over 10 years. Anyway, I wish he/she may have had a good passing. 😴

Talking about Raine, I tested this new version and so far it seems to be working correctly, except that I can no longer find the "Joystick index" option in the Inputs menu. Has it been removed? Without that option I cannot decide which controller will be assigned to what player.

I'm currently working around this by unplugging the controllers I don't want to use, but it was more user-friendly to have that option available, if it could be re-added.

Anyway, thank you so much for this new release and, indeed, for keeping Raine alive. 👍

PS: I may have missed the bugs with NGCD emulation because I haven't been using it so much lately since I associated most of the NGCD arranged sound tracks to the NG rom version of the games to avoid the NGCD sprites cut. So that's why I didn't report it here before.

hi,
I was able to have time to test under xp (I specify that I am also under windows 10-11, so I do it to give feedback).

The dll pack in 32 bits does not work correctly under xp, there is this error:
https://ibb.co/Y7r4T9t

with the old dll pack this launches but the colors seem strange to me (subject): https://ibb.co/YN295g2

apart from that, the emulator seems functional to me ;)

8 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Hey Tux! I'm so sorry for your dog. He/she must have been a dear member of your family for being with you for so many years. I also have a cat that is with us for over 10 years. Anyway, I wish he/she may have had a good passing. 😴

Talking about Raine, I tested this new version and so far it seems to be working correctly, except that I can no longer find the "Joystick index" option in the Inputs menu. Has it been removed? Without that option I cannot decide which controller will be assigned to what player.

I'm currently working around this by unplugging the controllers I don't want to use, but it was more user-friendly to have that option available, if it could be re-added.

Anyway, thank you so much for this new release and, indeed, for keeping Raine alive. 👍

PS: I may have missed the bugs with NGCD emulation because I haven't been using it so much lately since I associated most of the NGCD arranged sound tracks to the NG rom version of the games to avoid the NGCD sprites cut. So that's why I didn't report it here before.

Yeah this dog marked the memories, but anyway... !

Too bad for "Joystick indexes", it was a bug because I removed the entry for the menu for "digital inputs", I checked the other indexes, but missed the fancy updating of mouse sensitivity, so now you have mouse sensitivity which overwrites the "joystick indexes" entry, that's why it appears twice in the menu, never made this kind of bug before, it's a 1st time... !!!

Oh well, I'll post a new binary a little later today. Meanwhile you can click on the 2nd entry where you see "Mouse sensitivity: some percent value", it should run the joystick indexes command ! Sorry for that !

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pmc2 said:

hi,
I was able to have time to test under xp (I specify that I am also under windows 10-11, so I do it to give feedback).

The dll pack in 32 bits does not work correctly under xp, there is this error:
https://ibb.co/Y7r4T9t

with the old dll pack this launches but the colors seem strange to me (subject): https://ibb.co/YN295g2

apart from that, the emulator seems functional to me ;)

Let it rest in peace. That's the difference with some open source os where you can have some support as long as some people are interested, here it's commercial, and microsoft has decided that xp must disappear, so if you stick with it, you'd better avoid any new program then, too bad I know, but we can't do anything about that, as I already said I can't test any xp binary because I don't have 3d support in the virtual machines.

But as I already said normally it should still be compatible with xp service pack 2, if that's what you have and it doesn't work then I can't do anything about it, sorry !

18 hours ago, Tux said:

Yeah this dog marked the memories, but anyway... !

Too bad for "Joystick indexes", it was a bug because I removed the entry for the menu for "digital inputs", I checked the other indexes, but missed the fancy updating of mouse sensitivity, so now you have mouse sensitivity which overwrites the "joystick indexes" entry, that's why it appears twice in the menu, never made this kind of bug before, it's a 1st time... !!!

Oh well, I'll post a new binary a little later today. Meanwhile you can click on the 2nd entry where you see "Mouse sensitivity: some percent value", it should run the joystick indexes command ! Sorry for that !

Thank you for the super fast fix, Tux. 😊

In fact, I didn't even realize there were two "mouse sensitivity" options there because I was very used to seeing the "Joystick indexes" option available. That's why I may have not tried clicking on those mouse options in the first place, I guess.

18 hours ago, Tux said:

New binary uploaded : 0.93.5a, still shows 0.93.5 in the about dialog, it just fixes the disappeared "joysticks indexes" in the controls dialog : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

and linux binaries uploaded too.

I've just tested it and it works now. Thanks! 👍

By the way, when we use the mouse to navigate in the Inputs menu we have to have the cursor placed in the mouse sensitivity slider in order that the Joystick indexes option may be highlighted and selected. It's a little difficult to get used to this since it doesn't happen in any other place in the GUI. But anyway, just a little nuisance.

Finally, the Driver info and History options in the "About" dialog are swapped. At first I thought I had clicked on the wrong option but then I realized the names are indeed swapped.

That's my little feedback for now. Thank you so much for your time.

4 hours ago, mer-curious said:

By the way, when we use the mouse to navigate in the Inputs menu we have to have the cursor placed in the mouse sensitivity slider in order that the Joystick indexes option may be highlighted and selected. It's a little difficult to get used to this since it doesn't happen in any other place in the GUI. But anyway, just a little nuisance.

I hadn't noticed. I don't know what happens here, but it's minor, I'll see it later.

4 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Finally, the Driver info and History options in the "About" dialog are swapped. At first I thought I had clicked on the wrong option but then I realized the names are indeed swapped.

That's my little feedback for now. Thank you so much for your time.

Not for me : raine bublbobl -> history is history, driver info is driver info, where/how do you get that ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tux said:

I hadn't noticed. I don't know what happens here, but it's minor, I'll see it later.

Thank you. I think this behavior is present for some versions already as far as I remember. Perhaps since introducing the Joystick indexes option?

12 hours ago, Tux said:

Not for me : raine bublbobl -> history is history, driver info is driver info, where/how do you get that ?

Interesting. I did some more tests here and it seems to affect all the games that I've tested. I tested KOF99, KOF97, Captain Commando and Marvel Super Heroes, so it seems to be happening with the NG, CPS1 and CPS2 drivers.

Maybe it's exclusive to the Windows version?

Anyway, let's see if you can reproduce it somehow if/when you have the time for that.

Thank you so much again for your continuing work. 👍

PS: now that Raine is in SDL2, would it be easier to implement a vertical sync option to avoid screen tearing? I think this option would come in handy to avoid messing with the Nvidia Control Panel (or Radeon Adrenalin), especially when you don't want to enable it globally in the drivers for all the programs and when you create different installations to test Raine, for instance.

Edited by mer-curious

Hum no, can't reproduce your inversion, no idea how you do that.

For vsync, it's just double buffer, the double buffer does that by default, and it even works in windowed mode. By default it's enabled, and why would you want to disable it for some games ?