Zzap!Raine: The Book! :-)

_MADrigal

Hi all

Between 2002 and 2004, a group of crazy fans of RAINE published a free web magazine called Zzap!Raine.

The magazine focused on reviews of games emulated by RAINE. The style and inspiration was drawn from the English and Italian videogames magazine: Zzap!

I was one of the staff.

During the past 18 months, I have "converted" the old website into an actual paper book with all the colours of the rainbow (just like Rainbow Islands well deserves :) )

I have also added new contents such as an interview to Emmanuel "Tux" Anne - author of RAINE and new sections and introductions.

The book is almost ready and is now available for pre-order via Paypal and credit card.

170 pages (high quality), hardcover glossy pages, 100% translated into Italian. It can only be purchased via pre-order at the below address.

https://www.progettoiskandar.com/prodotto/zzapreine/

The price is 36 euro incl. registered shipping to Italy. Shipping worldwide is available however please contact me on luca.madrigal.antignano@gmail.com for the right shipping fees.

Since the print is quite expensive, I cannot afford to print hundreds of copies, so I will print just enough copies to satisfy all pre-orders. Therefore if you don't pre-order now, chances are that there will be not enough copies left to satisfy everyone else.

Pre-orders close on 15 July 2022.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks

Luca "MADrigal" Antignano

IMG_20220614_104500002.jpg

Edited by _MADrigal
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

Just providing a few updates on the Zzap!Raine book!

The book was finalised and sent to print on 15/7 as per schedule. 200 copies of the book were printed, 170 of which  based on pre-orders.

30 are still available for purchase! Price is 36 euro (shipping to Italy included, shipping worldwide available for an additional fee based on distance)

If anyone wants a copy, please contact me on       luca.madrigal.antignano@gmail.com      before it's all sold out!

The book comes in A4 format with 168 internal pages and glossy hardcover. A Zzap!Raine -themed bookmark also comes free with the book.

The book features 49 reviews of arcade games emulated by Raine, 6 reviews of Raine games in their home versions: C64, Spectrum, Amiga, Atari ST, MSX, X-68000 and Amstrad CPC, 12 special articles mostly on Taito games, Zzap! history and Milestones also containing 50 mini reviews of classic arcade games 1976-1981. There is a section containing all original Zzap!Raine magazine covers, an interview with Tux (current author and coordinator of the Raine emulator) and a preface by Paolo Besser, editor of Zzap! Italia.

The book is entirely in Italian and every review has a unique layout aka based on the "theme" on the reviewed game. The 8- and 16-bit reviews also contain Tips and Tricks for the game, and a QR code to download the ROM of the game in question.

The last page of the book contains a surprise, coming from the Zzap!Raine archives and never published before.

The book is approved and endorsed by the ZZap! publishers: Oliver Frey, Roger Kean and Chris Wilkins.

Edited by _MADrigal
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...