Raine 0.93.4 : sound associations & kof2001...

Tux

OK, understood. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Did as advised, the game works now OK 👍

EDIT 2: I think it's not the first time that I report a bug in this board and I'm advised to disable speed hacks. I was wondering... considering how fast are CPUs these days, would it be too bad for RAINE's performance if ALL speed hacks were disabled by default? Just wondering.

Edited by Neville

Yeah sorry I should have fixed that the 1st time. The reason why there is the option for neocd/neogeo is that it's a single driver for roughly 100 games, so the search for these speed hacks is generic there, and sometimes it can fail to find something good. You are right it's usually not really necessary anymore nowadays but it's in the spirit of raine, optimize as much as possible, just because doing it is great ! ;)

It would have been nice to have the option for all the drivers, for those who prefer to play with a choppy animation when the game is overloaded with sprites, but it's tedious to do it now, so maybe one day, but not for now...

Except for neogeo where the driver sometimes fails to find the right spot, these hacks are made to end the emulation of the main cpu when it just waits for the vbl, instead of just wasting cycles looping for a vbl which won't come because it requires an irq. It saves some cycles, but on modern hardware, it's around 1 or 2% usually (on an optimized build, more on a debug build in C), but it's the right thing to do (mame prefers to emulate these wait cycles, because it's more accurate).

4 hours ago, Robert said:

When I tried to download the new 32 and 64 bit 7z files with an older browser, it wanted to download .man files instead. Works ok on a newer browser.

It's a misconfiguration at the server level, mime types configuration, with wget you get this :

--2022-03-04 14:09:08-- http://raine.1emulation.com/archive/raine32-0.93.4.7z
Résolution de raine.1emulation.com (raine.1emulation.com)… 216.245.218.214
Connexion à raine.1emulation.com (raine.1emulation.com)|216.245.218.214|:80… connecté.
requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse… 200 OK
Taille : 2902845 (2,8M) [application/x-troff-man]

(the text is in french, sorry, but the mime type appears between () at the end : application/x-troff-man, it's a man page indeed, but it's not my fault).

On my side, it's a simple <a href link, produced by some basic html file, I don't touch the mime type configuration...

And, from there for example : https://github.com/mime-types/ruby-mime-types/issues/32
the mime type should be application/x-7z-compressed

it's minor though, even the most basic browser would kinow how to download this, whatever the mime type is.

Edited by Tux
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, Tux said:

For the glsl shaders, yeah good idea, but I am no shader expert, I already had some trouble to add the old shaders support, so... !
But I agree, it would be a good idea ! (actually the name is bad, all shaders for opengl use what is called glsl).

Hey Tux! I'm sorry for the late reply. Don't worry about the shaders, it was just a suggestion that came to my mind again when I found this pack from Emu-France.

By the way, have your motivation to add the Konami drivers for TMNT Turtles in Time and Sunset Riders increased somehow lately or are these drivers really too complicated to support?

Anyway, I was doing some game-play tests with KOF99 in the FBNeo Retroarch core and stumbled upon this very weird Unibios error:

https://imgur.com/a/Kv5GxCY

I never expected the Unibios to hang the game like that. It has never happened to me in Raine fortunately.

Should I report this error to the FBNeo core maintainer or is this expected when using the Unibios?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Edited by mer-curious

1 hour ago, mer-curious said:

Hey Tux! I'm sorry for the late reply. Don't worry about the shaders, it was just a suggestion that came to my mind again when I found this pack from Emu-France.

By the way, have your motivation to add the Konami drivers for TMNT Turtles in Time and Sunset Riders increased somehow lately or are these drivers really too complicated to support?

Anyway, I was doing some game-play tests with KOF99 in the FBNeo Retroarch core and stumbled upon this very weird Unibios error:

https://imgur.com/a/Kv5GxCY

I never expected the Unibios to hang the game like that. It has never happened to me in Raine fortunately.

Should I report this error to the FBNeo core maintainer or is this expected when using the Unibios?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

No it's not a unibios problem, it just displays a nice screen instead of just crashing here, the error shows the pc has just gone out of bounds, it should not have this value, it's an emulation problem, which is a little surprising since fbneo is based on mame, I didn't think they touched the emulation part very much, but I don't know it (no linux version !)

For tmnt, I didn't even look ! It's probably not an easy one considering konami reputation, but no idea.
For now I am looking at other things for a little while, I don't spend all my time in emulation...

• Like 1