Raine 0.93.4 : sound associations & kof2001...

Tux

This binary is only about the sound associations, particularly those related to kof2001, so if you are not interested in this, you can skip this one because it changes the colors encoding so if you load it with a previous config file you'll need to use the "revert to" command from the colors menu in options. It also includes a new dll for libmpg123, which is included in the archive for this version, it will go to the dlls package soon for the next versions.

You can see the details of what happened (and eventually get the audio tracks from mer-curious !) from there :

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 2

Hey Tux!

Just a quick feedback about the sound associations issues which I reported in the other thread: everything is working correctly now. The only issue I noticed is if a track start playing in the game, and then before it finishes you decide to enable the loop effect for it, when you return to the game the loop function will not take effect immediately, that is, the track will end and stop. I don't know if it's a limitation of the function, so I'm just reporting in case you didn't know about it.

But I found a work-around for this: if you enable the loop function and click on "play track" in "Manage associations", the loop will work for that very turn of the game.

Anyway, it would be just a tiny refinement since I cannot think of many use cases for this. I only stumbled upon it doing some later adjustments in my KOF2001 associations.

Thank you so much for this very fast new release!

37 minutes ago, pmc2 said:

for me, the background color has disappeared on the 32-bit version (there is no more blue), that'all ^^

... and if you had read the announcement with attention you would have noticed the advice to go to options / colors / revert to

to restore the colors to their preferred theme (blue by default). Before you ask, the effect is not immediate, you need to close the dialog and open a new one to notice a change, so after choosing which colors to revert to the easiest path is to just quit and reload the emu.

1 hour ago, mer-curious said:

Hey Tux!

Just a quick feedback about the sound associations issues which I reported in the other thread: everything is working correctly now. The only issue I noticed is if a track start playing in the game, and then before it finishes you decide to enable the loop effect for it, when you return to the game the loop function will not take effect immediately, that is, the track will end and stop. I don't know if it's a limitation of the function, so I'm just reporting in case you didn't know about it.

But I found a work-around for this: if you enable the loop function and click on "play track" in "Manage associations", the loop will work for that very turn of the game.

Anyway, it would be just a tiny refinement since I cannot think of many use cases for this. I only stumbled upon it doing some later adjustments in my KOF2001 associations.

Thank you so much for this very fast new release!

Yeah it's very tiny indeed, I wouldn't have thought about using the loop in play track to change the setting when returning to game...

Well considering that before this version returning to game would simply stop the current track which played, it's already a huge improvement that it does not stop anymore !

Actually the loop trick you find is the "exploit" of a bug, I forgot to restore the loop status when returning to game, so here it just takes the last loop status... ! Ok well I'll restore it from the track setting next time and not from the last value it had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tux said:

Actually the loop trick you find is the "exploit" of a bug, I forgot to restore the loop status when returning to game, so here it just takes the last loop status... ! Ok well I'll restore it from the track setting next time and not from the last value it had.

Hey Tux! Thanks for this super fast fix! I'm glad it wasn't that hard to fix in the end! 🙏

By the way, I've stumbled upon this site which collects shaders for various emulators:

https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Shaders_and_Filters

In the Emu-France shaders pack for Raine/BSnes there are some which aren't bundled with Raine. I was thinking if it would be a good idea to link to this page/pack in Raine's downloads page? Maybe this could help new users know about them and try them.

However, there are some shaders in this pack which didn't work here. The 2xSal-convert gave me a black screen and the two NTSC ones returned a syntax error. But except these there are some interesting ones such as XBRZx4, scanlines-3x and 5xBR-v3.7c+CRT.OpenGL(hunterk).

But I still dream of Raine supporting the new GLSL shader format one day, which currently have much more shader options than we find in this pack, for example, for CRT/scanlines, see the numerous possibilities here:
https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/tree/master/crt/shaders

I've already played with some of them in Retroarch and some work really well with these old arcade games.

Anyway, just some suggestions to consider for future releases.

Thank you so much again for your time and work. 👍

Edited by mer-curious

2 hours ago, Neville said:

I'm seeing some glitches in "Neo Turf Masters", Windows x86 build, using the Scanline-3x.shader. Don't know if this is normal.

8ZJ7Qyd.png

They appear in the hole overview screen only.

make sure you disable speed hacks for this game, I thought they were disabled automatically but apparently not.
I just tested the neocd version with this shader, apparently it's ok...

2 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Hey Tux! Thanks for this super fast fix! I'm glad it wasn't that hard to fix in the end! 🙏

By the way, I've stumbled upon this site which collects shaders for various emulators:

https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Shaders_and_Filters

In the Emu-France shaders pack for Raine/BSnes there are some which aren't bundled with Raine. I was thinking if it would be a good idea to link to this page/pack in Raine's downloads page? Maybe this could help new users know about them and try them.

However, there are some shaders in this pack which didn't work here. The 2xSal-convert gave me a black screen and the two NTSC ones returned a syntax error. But except these there are some interesting ones such as XBRZx4, scanlines-3x and 5xBR-v3.7c+CRT.OpenGL(hunterk).

But I still dream of Raine supporting the new GLSL shader format one day, which currently have much more shader options than we find in this pack, for example, for CRT/scanlines, see the numerous possibilities here:
https://github.com/libretro/glsl-shaders/tree/master/crt/shaders

I've already played with some of them in Retroarch and some work really well with these old arcade games.

Anyway, just some suggestions to consider for future releases.

Thank you so much again for your time and work. 👍

Yeah yeah the pack was made hastily, I doubt any direct3d shader would work since raine uses opengl, although maybe ?  (seems unlikely though !).
So yeah some shaders are broken, they were clearly not even tested, just assumed to be compatible.

For the glsl shaders, yeah good idea, but I am no shader expert, I already had some trouble to add the old shaders support, so... !
But I agree, it would be a good idea ! (actually the name is bad, all shaders for opengl use what is called glsl).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tux said:

make sure you disable speed hacks for this game, I thought they were disabled automatically but apparently not.
I just tested the neocd version with this shader, apparently it's ok...

How do you do that?

5 minutes ago, Neville said:

How do you do that?

neocd/neogeo options / allow speed hacks : no

And you'll probably need to reload the game after that because the speed hack installs itself very fast !
They'll be disabled by default for this game in next version.

Edited by Tux