Raine 0.93.2 : final 0.93 version...

Tux

Yes, 0.93 was for gauntlet in case you didn't know, and finally the 32 bits and the 64 bits version work, actually the 32 bits version even has the attract mode sounds working, which even mame has not, but this game is crazily programmed anyway, and there's no reason to be proud of that. I am not 100% sure everything works because I only tested in single player, but afaik gauntlet 1 & 2 are both working, the code is slightly different from what there was in this famous mge since I use the old excellent slapstick emulation from mame, and I am still not 100% sure it will work everywhere, but it should be good normally.

Except that a few interesting changes :
 - finally fixed the annoying black zone which appeared when jumping in some super street fighter 2 games in cps2 drivers. The reason was again the cps2 rasters, it allowed me to fix a few bugs in the previous emulation. I didn't retest the other places using rasters, I'll just hope for the best ! ;)

- Also since most of these cps2 games used finally a 4:3 screen despite their 16:9 resolution, there is now the option to display them in 4:3, see the new "fix aspect ratio to 4:3" option in renderer options for opengl, it has now a new option "always" to force any game to 4:3. This is discussed in detail in the 0.93.1 thread here.
 - A fix when loading some games in the same session, like multi pang after super pang, it was because of something badly done when adding the new sound chips recently, it probably affected quite a few games, not these 2 only.
 - Some cheats had some serious syntax error, finding a variable which didn't exist and displaying the error message in a loop. The conversion was updated, and the cheats fixed (at least those I could detect).
 - For those using the "controller mapping", I had forgotten the case when more than 1 controller is using these special mappings, it's fixed.
 - And fixed a weird bug when trying to run the windows version of raine in wine.

You can get this there : http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux
  • Like 2

Ah, glad to see the bugs I reported have been fixed.

I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to the AR of Capcom games. Back in the day I always saw them in 4:3 monitors, but with time I almost got used to see them in the... original? AR. Anyway, you have given enough margin for anyone to use their preferred AR, and that's a nice touch.

I'll be damned... I broke something playtesting SSF2T and after doing a re-install of RAINE not a single game works... everything gets stuck at the "Applying visual layouts" step...

ADRg8Jp.png

Maybe it's just me, but can anyone see if they can reproduce this? Using the x86 build under Windows 10.

7 hours ago, Neville said:

Maybe it's just me, but can anyone see if they can reproduce this? Using the x86 build under Windows 10.

I just rebooted win10 to test this, no problem here.. Tell us if you find what's wrong... Corrupted rom ? Although I don't know any way a corrupted rom could freeze like that, usually it's a very fast error message... Good luck anyway !

Edited by Tux

I finally found out what it was. If I delete the files inside the "config" folder, restart Raine, add game folders and activate fullscreen, then the new 4:3 mode before loading any game, Raine will freeze when trying to load ANY game.

But if I load a game before touching any video option, then everything works fine.

Sorry can't reproduce !

Tried in linux & windows for the 32 bits version.

I guess you should be able to just quit at the end of your setup which is supposed to freeze to save your config, if you get a config file which can constantly reproduce these freezes send it, I'll have a look !

4 hours ago, Neville said:

I finally found out what it was. If I delete the files inside the "config" folder, restart Raine, add game folders and activate fullscreen, then the new 4:3 mode before loading any game, Raine will freeze when trying to load ANY game.

But if I load a game before touching any video option, then everything works fine.

Maybe a very long directory somewhere ? (I thought I was safe on this side, but usually I use short dir names, maybe I forgot something somewhere...).

2 minutes ago, Neville said:

Can't reproduce it now... I could this morning. Must be a very specific set of things that cause this freeze. I'll keep testing.

4 hours ago, Neville said:

Hey Neville! I could reproduce this bug by following these steps. I'm using the 64 bit version of the emulator, so it's not limited to the 32 bit apparently. In relation to the Full-screen activation, I do it by switching it to "Yes" in the Video settings. And as for the new 4:3 aspect ratio option, I change it from the default "Close" to "Always".

Perhaps it's related to the Intel OpenGL drivers? I'm using Intel integrated graphics with the latest Windows drivers for the 6th gen+ (Skylake) CPUs.

This is the ROM directory string associated with Raine: D:\unzipped\games\Arcade

Let's hope Tux can reproduce it eventually. 🙏

Edited by mer-curious

Thanks for confirming it, it was driving me nuts. It could be rtelated to the OpenGL drivers, because I haven't reproduced the bug with the other drivers. Which doesn't mean I'm certain about it. At all.

I'm running Windows 10 and my hardware config is basically the following: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core CPU running at 3.70 Mhz, 16 Gb. RAM and a Asus DUAL-GTX1060-O3G graphic card.

5 minutes ago, Neville said:

Thanks for confirming it, it was driving me nuts. It could be rtelated to the OpenGL drivers, because I haven't reproduced the bug with the other drivers. Which doesn't mean I'm certain about it. At all.

I'm running Windows 10 and my hardware config is basically the following: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core CPU running at 3.70 Mhz, 16 Gb. RAM and a Asus DUAL-GTX1060-O3G graphic card.

Wouldn't you have overclocked your cpu by chance ? The base frequency of this chip is not that high if I'm not mistaken...

I can't reproduce that at all anyway for now, and until someone can do it constantly on a non overclocked system, there is nothing much to do about that.

For now I am busy fixing some memory allocations, nothing major in the sense there is no buffer overflow, but there are quite a few allocations which were never freed, blame the recent system libs which prevent me from using electric fence, I had to find something else to track bad memory allocations, and that's the result of that... but it won't change anything to your freezes.