Raine 0.93.1 !

Tux

- gauntlet finally works with starscream (you'll get 4 welcome when you start the game, but after that everything seems fine). Gauntlet 2 doesn't work though (with starscream), still some problems with the slapstick there... (it means it works in the 32 bits version !).
 - fix for timers badly saved in savegames made with the optimized builds ! This one was quite a surprise, and it's suprising nobody noticed before that, but anyway. You got a strange warning about a bad id in the savegame with previous version, for all the games which used timers, and there are quite a few. (I didn't notice because it happens only on optimized builds, and I use a debug build most of the time !).
 - Finally merged the controllermap program from sdl2 inside raine ! It's because of the findings from mer-curious. Anyway most people shouldn't need this, it's in case where your game controller doesn't behave normally at all, as a last resort. You can try it by curiosity if you want... ! The command is in the inputs menu, "Controller mapping", and it saves its settings in config/userdb.txt. By the way I could only test this with a controller which was already recognized as a game controller, for those who have a beast which isn't even recognized as such, you might have to quit raine and restart it after using this so that it reads the new gamecontroller configuration. I can't test all the possibilities here... !

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

Hello Tux all right ?
Thanks very much for your work in Raine.
Using Lubuntu 20.04.3 WINE 7.2 to run Raine.
Tested with both 32 and 64 current 0.93.1 using the update dlls Raine not start. When is opened the Raine window not is displayed the menu and the user need close Raine because not happen crash.
If using the previous DLL 32 and 64 bits Raine 0.93.1 start and run correctly without any issues. In moment not tested using game controller.
The "issue" is the SDL.dll.
Have any problem using current 0.93.1 using the previous SDL.dll ?

29 minutes ago, Augusto said:

Hello Tux all right ?
Thanks very much for your work in Raine.
Using Lubuntu 20.04.3 WINE 7.2 to run Raine.
Tested with both 32 and 64 current 0.93.1 using the update dlls Raine not start. When is opened the Raine window not is displayed the menu and the user need close Raine because not happen crash.
If using the previous DLL 32 and 64 bits Raine 0.93.1 start and run correctly without any issues. In moment not tested using game controller.
The "issue" is the SDL.dll.
Have any problem using current 0.93.1 using the previous SDL.dll ?

Yeah I noticed that, it's specific to wine & sdl2-2.0.20, don't know why exactly I didn't investigate, but since it works fine in a real windows, I didn't bother.

Good to know that downgrading sdl fixes the problem, yes you can use it without problem, it's supposed to be just a bug fix, I wonder what change triggered this... !

Here is the sdl 2.0.20 news :

General:
* SDL_RenderGeometryRaw() takes a pointer to SDL_Color, not int. You can cast color data in SDL_PIXELFORMAT_RGBA32 format (SDL_PIXELFORMAT_ABGR8888 on little endian systems) for this parameter. (not used in raine)
* Improved accuracy of horizontal and vertical line drawing when using OpenGL or OpenGLES
* Added the hint SDL_HINT_RENDER_LINE_METHOD to control the method of line drawing used, to select speed, correctness, and compatibility.

Windows:
* Fixed size of custom cursors

Linux:
* Fixed hotplug controller detection, broken in 2.0.18

"Yeah I noticed that, it's specific to wine & sdl2-2.0.20, don't know why exactly I didn't investigate, but since it works fine in a real windows, I didn't bother."
You are correct.
Here is installed sdl 2.0.18.

See the link below
https://github.com/madewokherd/wine-mono/releases
The details is about issues in window and sdl was downgraded from 2.0.18 to 2.0.16.

In any way I will continue to use the previous raine dlls.

Have a nice day.

I just took the time to investigate, it was just a draw far from the normal coordinates, this shouldn't matter normally, it's some 3d, not 2d, but anyway to begin with this shouldn't have drawn at these coordinates. Fixing this (just 1 line) fixes the problem, you'll get the fix in the next release.

hello;

I tested samsho4 sp I got on 3 launches with start of game:

1/ crash while selecting players
2/ it worked !
3/ the sprites disappeared (and only appeared when a key was pressed)

just for information (it's difficult to reproduce but if it gives an idea...).

thanks

hello;

I tested samsho4 sp I got on 3 launches with start of game:

1/ crash while selecting players
2/ it worked !
3/ the sprites disappeared (and only appeared when a key was pressed)

just for information (it's difficult to reproduce but if it gives an idea...).

thanks

afaik there is not even any samsho4 sp, I know a samurai shodown V special which I just tested and which works, but no samsho4 sp in arcade rom or neocd... !

I'm seeing a few glitches in SSF2T, not sure if they were here before. Using the x86 Windows version.

BPuTeHR.jpg

Very likely yeah, to finish the description, it happens only when the player jumps, and only on certain stages.

AFAIK, it's been here for years, but I must admit I had even forgotten this one.

I might look at it one day, but not now... anyway anybody can try to fix it too !