Raine 0.93

Tux

4 hours ago, mer-curious said:

This is interesting. I didn't know about that. Perhaps you could choose one of these pages to link in Raine's download page?

I remember one from emufrance, in french then, so I'll probably not link it from here

No problem. My suggestion was to include these commands in the Raine controls because this is where I intuitively looked for when trying to find the basic program controls. But maybe there's a better place for that.

Ok, I'll try that...

I was able to create the log file in Raine, which is attached to this post.

Fortunately I could also generate a mapping file with the Testgamecontroller program and the directions were detected there. I followed the Sega to Xbox layout in this mapping because I'm using a Sega Saturn pad with the adapter, but it also supports PS and N64 controllers, so I don't know which standard could be used to include it in the SDL database. Perhaps three entries could be generated specifically for each of these controller models? I also have some PS and N64 pads, by the way.

Anyway, I hope these logs can help you figure this issue out.

Thank you so much again for your help.

PS: this is my Saturn pad: https://segaretro.org/Control_Pad_(Saturn) . As you can see, the Saturn didn't have a Select button, which is generally mapped to the Coin input in the emulators. If I could choose, I would rather map the Coin input to the left shoulder button (LB in the Xbox mapping).

log 257 B · 0 downloads sega saturn controller 220 B · 0 downloads

Try to feed it to raine then and see what happens (your mapping). Notice here is already a mapping in gamecontrollerdb.txt with the same identification for windows, I guess it's because of your usb adapter which can take a few different pads ? Well to test yours find the line containing the identification (03000000250900000017000000000000) and replace it by your line. Save launch raine, and see what happens. It's confirmed by the log file, it's identified as a game controller (Joypad to USB Adapter), they changed the name, or maybe it's because with a different pad plugged to that it works differently.

I'd say there's probably a better way to use a sega saturn controller here, it's not normal that moving into a direction activates a button, but you might make it work with this mapping.

4 hours ago, Tux said:

Try to feed it to raine then and see what happens (your mapping). Notice here is already a mapping in gamecontrollerdb.txt with the same identification for windows, I guess it's because of your usb adapter which can take a few different pads ? Well to test yours find the line containing the identification (03000000250900000017000000000000) and replace it by your line. Save launch raine, and see what happens. It's confirmed by the log file, it's identified as a game controller (Joypad to USB Adapter), they changed the name, or maybe it's because with a different pad plugged to that it works differently.

I'd say there's probably a better way to use a sega saturn controller here, it's not normal that moving into a direction activates a button, but you might make it work with this mapping.

Hey Tux! Thank you for your assistance. I've tried what you asked and it worked! I didn't even have to rebind the directions, just the Coin input because even with my controller data the Coin input was still mapped to "Back" in Raine, which is generally the Select button that the Saturn pad lacks unfortunately. But it worked after manually rebinding it to the left shoulder button.

This controller data that comes already in the gamecontrollerdb.txt file is a little weird. It has data for the left stick but not for the d-pad, which is normally present in a standard PS1/PS2 controller. Perhaps it was mapped to a very unique game console controller type (because "joypad to usb" is very generic in the end)? Anyway, is it possible to ask for a revision for this identification number in the data-base?

PS: if I completely remove the gamecontrollerdb.txt file from Raine folder I'm still not able to bind the directions in the inputs configuration unfortunately.

3 hours ago, mer-curious said:

Hey Tux! Thank you for your assistance. I've tried what you asked and it worked! I didn't even have to rebind the directions, just the Coin input because even with my controller data the Coin input was still mapped to "Back" in Raine, which is generally the Select button that the Saturn pad lacks unfortunately. But it worked after manually rebinding it to the left shoulder button.

This controller data that comes already in the gamecontrollerdb.txt file is a little weird. It has data for the left stick but not for the d-pad, which is normally present in a standard PS1/PS2 controller. Perhaps it was mapped to a very unique game console controller type (because "joypad to usb" is very generic in the end)? Anyway, is it possible to ask for a revision for this identification number in the data-base?

No, I don't know what they used there, but no matter. It just means that I should merge the capability to edit these mappings directly in raine, I had hesitated to do that and it seemed useless, and you are the one who finds a pad with a super weird configuration where it becomes useful !

I'll try to do that then...

3 hours ago, mer-curious said:

PS: if I completely remove the gamecontrollerdb.txt file from Raine folder I'm still not able to bind the directions in the inputs configuration unfortunately.

What happens then, it doesn't detect anything when you move the direction stick or what ? (just for info)

2 hours ago, Tux said:

No, I don't know what they used there, but no matter. It just means that I should merge the capability to edit these mappings directly in raine, I had hesitated to do that and it seemed useless, and you are the one who finds a pad with a super weird configuration where it becomes useful !

I'll try to do that then...

Ok, no problem. I can use it with the "gamecontrollerdb.txt" trick for the time being. But would it be possible to have two different controller layouts to the same identification number?

2 hours ago, Tux said:

What happens then, it doesn't detect anything when you move the direction stick or what ? (just for info)

That's correct, it doesn't detect the directions. I can't navigate the GUI neither using the controller. I can reach the Inputs configuration using the keyboard but nothing happens there when I try to bind the D-pad to the directions. The buttons are detected on the other hand, but with a weird naming layout. For example, the Saturn left shoulder button is called "trigger right-". By the way, the adapter is identified as "HRAP2 on PS/SS/N64 Joy..." and I can't read the rest of the name due to the character limitation in this menu.

Anyway, I hope this can be of any help to you in trying to improve the detection of these weird adapters eventually.

Thank you so much again for your time.

PS: I was able to read the full name given to the adapter by generating a log file. It's called "HRAP2 on PS/SS/N64 Joypad to USB BOX".

Edited by mer-curious

The idea is to allow to edit a mapping, either from scratch or to overwrite an existing one, and save it to a different file which would have priority on the old one.

Now I wonder if it's not overkill... I think most people probably have some standard gamepad coming from a console, which is recognized directly, that's this weird adapter which caused trouble here !

So I still wonder if it's not too much to merge the mapping program, it would probably create its own window to create the mapping... I'll think about it...

• Like 1