Sorry, 0.92.6 already !

Tux

Don't talk about new year releases again ! ;-)

Anyway it's just a quick fix of 0.92.5 problems : crash if opening the sound options dialog, leaving it, and opening it again (!)
Bad playing frequency of external audio tracks (except the raw format ones !)
And there was a bad entry added to the hiscore.dat hosted here, it's probably me who added it, but a very long time ago, it was for viewpoint, and the syntax was a mix between the old format and the new one, and the hiscore parser didn't like it (what a surprise !). Since this file was here for more than 1 year, I fixed the parser to accept this syntax too, even if it's the only entry of this kind in the hiscore.dat !
And I added the hiscore.dat to all the binary packages, linux & windows (going from 2.5 Mb to 2.6 Mb, what a deal... !).

Let's forget 0.92.5, I'll just keep the thread for the infos about what's new.

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

Edited by Tux
  • Like 1

I have the complete romset for version 0.91.13 and decided to update it to keep it sync with the latest version, because the development has heaten up again.

So I generated DAT with the latest clrmamepro by pointing out to 64-bit Raine.exe 0.92.6. However, after the scan, it turns out that the old romset against new DAT is already complete, 0/1076 sets missing, 0/16191 roms missing, 17 gb romset size (unpacked).

Tux, can you please confirm that between 0.91.x and 0.92.6 there were no new ROMs introduced in driver files, only bugfixes?

Yes the last changes about roms was probably the toaplan2 update, which was in january 2021, it took me quite a long time to succeed this sdl2 transition, and 0.91.13 is after that, in february 2021, so you are lucky !

Actually without roms raine gets them from the internet archive, but their romsets are from 0.91.4, so a few roms for toaplan2 are bad sadly, maybe they'll update one day, but they have almost everything working anyway.

I might add something new soon, if I find the time and the courage !

• Like 1

Hey Tux! Thank you for this new version!

Just a quick report to let you know that the "Sound options" crash and the "slow mp3 tracks" have been fixed in this version thankfully.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, Tux said:

I might add something new soon, if I find the time and the courage !

This got me curious. Do you intend to add the Konami drivers for Sunset Riders and TMNT Turtles in Time some day eventually?

Also, perhaps you could add some more shaders to enrich this feature in Raine. There are quite some interesting shaders in the libretro pack, but I don't know whether they can work on Raine without some kind of conversion.

Anyway, thank you so much again for your continuing work on the emulator.

For now don't be too impatient, it's a crazy idea which will take quite some time, especially since I don't want to spend all my time on it...

Oh well, we'll see in 1 or 2 weeks...

• Like 1

Sorry to tell that I have much more problems than what I thought, I didn't choose an easy one too, it looked interesting and not too complicated, well finally it's quite crazy, and there are differences of behavior between the asm cpu emulators and the C versions, which is a very bad news, and I am deep in tests now... !!!

• Like 1

Ok, in good way, all major problems fixed, but I'll take more time to finish cleanly this. I got distracted by something else which made me find some other unrelated problems.

Anyway... !

• Like 1

Hi Tux Happy New year!
I took a long break from Retro games, and was very surprised by the action on this board in the last months.

I downloaded 0.92.6 32 bit and dlls32-0.92x.7z

Raine starts and loads roms, but no gamepad with xbox360 pad on windows xp.

10 hours ago, LoveNeo said:

Hi Tux Happy New year!
I took a long break from Retro games, and was very surprised by the action on this board in the last months.

I downloaded 0.92.6 32 bit and dlls32-0.92x.7z

Raine starts and loads roms, but no gamepad with xbox360 pad on windows xp.

yeah I can't test on xp, you can try the advice, remove the gamecontrollerdb.txt file and see if helps. If it does, report here !