ARCADE64 0.239

Robert

11 hours ago, Robert said:

Thanks - I've got rid of the hacks in nemesis driver in my local repo. I'll commit it later.

Please note that it needs testing futher (might be problems in later levels) and confirmation from mametesters.

It happens in MAME, so I've logged Mametesters bug 8178 for it.

EDIT: seems that a protection chip is missing, so there's nothing that can be done about it.

3 hours ago, Rex said:

Is there a quick way to update Arcade64 without losing my settings?

Trade the arcade.exe only for git updates: https://github.com/Robbbert/store1/actions

For Public release trade all files over the older version. It works for me.

Only remove nvram and cfg files less default.cfg.

Enjoy.

Edited by Hyperscorpio

10 hours ago, Hyperscorpio said:

Trade the arcade.exe only for git updates: https://github.com/Robbbert/store1/actions

For Public release trade all files over the older version. It works for me.

Only remove nvram and cfg files less default.cfg.

Enjoy.

I don't understand the git update thing you mentioned. I just downloaded Arcade64 from the Mameworld website. I guess that's the public release?

So you're saying that I have to copy over all new files into the older version? But I have made some changes to the ui, enabled hiscore plugin, enabled shaders among other things. Won't all those be overwritten by doing that?

Also by "remove nvram and cfg files" do you mean I have to remove them from my older version? But then that would mean that I'll have to go through the long writing process of all those chd-based games again when I run them.

3 hours ago, Rex said:

I don't understand the git update thing you mentioned. I just downloaded Arcade64 from the Mameworld website. I guess that's the public release?

So you're saying that I have to copy over all new files into the older version? But I have made some changes to the ui, enabled hiscore plugin, enabled shaders among other things. Won't all those be overwritten by doing that?

Also by "remove nvram and cfg files" do you mean I have to remove them from my older version? But then that would mean that I'll have to go through the long writing process of all those chd-based games again when I run them.

Better you stay as it is then. 

If you want to save the scores then just download the github version only and trade the .exe.

Backup your old .exe before.

https://github.com/Robbbert/store1/actions this versions are compiled later after the official release as been made of with new games and etc... 

For example the first one was released 12 days ago, but after the official arcade build being released. To get the file click on it and grab the Artifacts down below.

If you are affraid to lose any score just backup as well all the folders less the samples and the roms. Don´t delete any nvram and cfg, it will remove the scores.

Edited by Hyperscorpio

35 minutes ago, Hyperscorpio said:

Better you stay as it is then. 

If you want to save the scores then just download the github version only and trade the .exe.

Backup your old .exe before.

https://github.com/Robbbert/store1/actions this versions are compiled later after the official release as been made of with new games and etc... 

For example the first one was released 12 days ago, but after the official arcade build being released. To get the file click on it and grab the Artifacts down below.

If you are affraid to lose any score just backup as well all the folders less the samples and the roms. Don´t delete any nvram and cfg, it will remove the scores.

When I click on CI (Arcade), it takes me to a page where there is "build-windows-gcc". But when I click on it, it doesn't show anything to download.

I'm still not clear as to what stuff I need to keep and what stuff I need to overwrite.