Raine 0.91.21 !!!

Tux

Tsss, shortly after 0.91.20, but big fixes again...

The biggest one is about the 32 bits asm functions which suddenly started to crash in windows. I didn't know because I test in linux and wine doesn't care about the memory regions protections ! What probably happened is that this new protection came with the update of gcc, like what happened in linux. The difference is there is no /proc in windows, making things more messy. If someone knows how to get the base address of the region containing a given function, tell me ! For now I just used some rough approximation... Anyway normally all this asm code works again, assuming I didn't miss anything.

The other big one is that I broke the init of all the neocd games in 0.91.20, sorry, it was easy to fix, but it made a lot of games unloadable !

And the last one is the return of the opengl blits : to fix the asm code I needed to test this in the real windows, and the gui is becoming almost unusable without this feature. So it's back, but this time it's optional, you can disable it in video options / Renderer options / Opengl blits. Like last time, it breaks emudx games and neogeo games using rasters, so it's not an ideal solution, but it's better than nothing, especially if you want fullscreen ! The real fix to that would be sdl2... ! They are enabled by default in windows, and it's saved in the configuration of course.

And I also added some test before saving the neogeo backup ram because mine was probably saved at a bad time and it corrupted it. You'll see a warning if it detects it can't save the backup ram. Afaik, it happens only from the test mode.

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 1

Just wanted to give credit when credit is due... I'm testing the new x86 Windows version and all the problems I reported earlier seem to be gone. Even Capcom CPS2 games work again. Thanks for solving the previous issues this fast, Tux, and keep on the good work.

21 hours ago, Tux said:

If someone knows how to get the base address of the region containing a given function, tell me !

After some investigation, this address is a lot less interesting in windows than in linux. In linux all these asm functions go to the same area, which makes sense. In windows, following their motto "why make things easy when you can make them much more complex", they used multiple regions to store these functions, sometimes a region contains many functions, but sometimes only 1.
You can get the address of the region using VirtualQuery, but after some tests I need 4 VirtualQuery calls (followed by 4 VirtualProtect calls) to get the same result as what I did here in 0.91.21 in a single VirtualProtect call, and in both cases I can't be sure I didn't forget anything !

So for now I'll keep the single VirtualProtect call, at least it's shorter !

I tested taito f3 (68020), matmania (6502), 68000 + z80 (neogeo/cps1/2), and dondokod for the rotating layer which also uses some asm code from memory.

2 hours ago, Neville said:

Just wanted to give credit when credit is due... I'm testing the new x86 Windows version and all the problems I reported earlier seem to be gone. Even Capcom CPS2 games work again. Thanks for solving the previous issues this fast, Tux, and keep on the good work.

And thanks ! :)

1 hour ago, Neville said:

Don't thank me that fast! There are still bugs to be found. Like the one I just found on "Neo Turf Masters":

dVl9JfC.png

"NAM 1975" works fine, so it could be related to the Neo Geo games that use rasters.

As I said, with opengl blits the neogeo games using rasters are broken. You can try to disable these opengl blits but it's very hard to use the gui without them in windows currently, so do it carefully, preferably in windowed mode only. After changing the setting in video options / Renderer options just quit raine and relaunch.

Ah, OK.

EDIT: This may be harder than I thought... whenever I change the render to anything else than OpenGL Raine refuses to restart. The only way is to delete the CONFIG\RAINE32_SDL.CFG file, which makes Raine default to OpenGL again.

EDIT 2: Also noticed I can't change controls for ALL games at the same time... I like to use my keyboard and I'd like to do some tweaks so I can use 5 and 6 as my coin buttons, and also so I don't have to remap all games using 4 fire buttons (NeoGeo) or 6 (the Street Fighters) one by one.

Edited by Neville

1 hour ago, Neville said:

Ah, OK.

EDIT: This may be harder than I thought... whenever I change the render to anything else than OpenGL Raine refuses to restart. The only way is to delete the CONFIG\RAINE32_SDL.CFG file, which makes Raine default to OpenGL again.

EDIT 2: Also noticed I can't change controls for ALL games at the same time... I like to use my keyboard and I'd like to do some tweaks so I can use 5 and 6 as my coin buttons, and also so I don't have to remap all games using 4 fire buttons (NeoGeo) or 6 (the Street Fighters) one by one.

1) I never said to change the video renderer... !

2) edit default inputs or switch to custom inputs and do what you want... experiment...

1) OK, I've tried changing the SDL Video Driver instead, but the glitches are still there.

2) Let me see... there seem to be defaults for 2-fire buttons, 4-fire buttons and 6-fire buttons, as they should be... I'll try to set them up properly next time.

1) still not that, the player plays again, hint : renderer options. But it might be a better idea to just forget about that, it's risky business to disable opengl blits now, there will eventually be a better option one day...

2) default inputs change inputs for all the games which use these defaults, if you never switched any game to custom inputs then it's all the games, that's what you want from what you said... !

3 hours ago, Augusto said:

Not is possible run Raine32 using WINE if disabling Opengl blits.

The emulator crash in full screen if disabling it.

It doesn't make much sense to play with the windows version in wine, I use it just to quickly check if it works that's all. For info it's not the emu which crashes, it's the x server. You should just not use these opengl blits in fullscreen with this version, they are here for the real windows only.