Raine 0.91.19 some games having bugs issues

Augusto

Using Raine 0.91.19 64 bits tested with both neobios usa-japan and unibios 4.0.

- Burning Fight
burningf burningfh

In begin of stage 1 the game crash. If using unibios is displayed message below
Exception Error Handling

- Fatal Fury 3
fatfury3

Loaded correctly roms.

When selected game start the game not is started being only a black screen without any progress.
If using unibios is a red screen.

- Gururin

wrong aspect ratio and graphics issues.

-Neo Geo Cup 98
-Super Side Kicks 2
-The Ultimate 11

both games start correctly, but in gameplay have graphics issues from mid screen to below in field graphics being a detail using zoom effects.

-Pop 'n Bounce
Controls not work correctly if using unibios.

Try the 32 bits version, why does everyone prefer the 64 bits version ?

As it is, raine true version is the 32 bits one, the 64 bits one was made so that it can continue to be used on non intel architectures.

Anyway tested only for burningf, but the problem seems to happen only with the 64 bits version. Sorry but I lost all interest for this for now, it's enough for me to know that the 32 bits version works, I might eventually have a look at why this stupid 64 bits version has a problem here, but it won't be now.

I took the time to investigate the crashes for burning fight and fatal fury 3, both were due to oddities with musashi, so in 64 bits only.

They are fixed in git, I might make a binary later... or not, just use the 32 bit version for now, it's fixed in the source that's good for now.

Didn't look into your graphic issues, sorry not interested for now !

Edited by Tux

Tested Raine 32
Burning Fight and Fatal Fury 3 now works.

- Gururin
Have the same wrong aspect ratio and graphics issues.

-Neo Geo Cup 98
-Super Side Kicks 2
-The Ultimate 11
Have the same zoom graphics issue, but in less area than 64 bits. Only few lines from below have graphics issues.

-Pop 'n Bounce
Have control issues using unibios.

Is possible configure to load a neogeo bios only for a game and all others using unibios ?

"Try the 32 bits version, why does everyone prefer the 64 bits version ?"
OS 64 bits use more cpu to run 32 bits exes than OS 32 bits, but not big deal because Raine is very fast.
I only use 64 bits because look new exe.

" Didn't look into your graphic issues, sorry not interested for now ! "
Fell free to doing any fixes in correct time for you.
Not demanding. Only reporting.
Thanks very much for creating that great emulator.
Have a nice day.

For popbounc, it's the same problem as irrmaze, it's related to the paddle, afaik these are the only 2 games using this. I had tested irrmaze a very long time ago, and never noticed it had a problem when using the unibios... oh well, I guess this one is interesting too then, I'll look into it later, thanks for the info...

edit : after looking, yeah it's a crazy piece of software, especially for irrmaze : it's supposed to use a specific bios to handle its paddle, except the bios has disappeared, and it existed only in an asian version anyway. The paddle is mapped in the memory area of the standard controls (stick + buttons -> paddle). Which means that the test mode for this game actually tests the neogeo standard inputs and not the paddle, it would require its specific bios for that ! It can be worked around though, just don't move the mouse while the game initializes. It's quite a crazy game too anyway, you have to move this ball in a maze with an ultra sensitive control (maybe it's because our mouses have a too high resolution now... ! I should maybe try to find a way to scale that...). Anyway it's fixed here, but you need a new binary for that.
Pop'n bounce is a more modern game using this, it's using a soft dip setting to decide if it uses a paddle or the standard inputs. You can change the setting in real time while playing using the raine soft dips dialog and it works, the mouse activates when you choose the paddle setting. Here again the mouse is very sensitive, and you need the new binary for it to work.
So I'll take more time to see if things can be improved at least a little...

edit again : I added some basic setting for the mouse sensitivity. I am not sure it makes things really easier, but it gives the impression it's easier, and it's fun to configure (from the inputs dialog of course), so I'll keep it for now, it's usable in all the games using the mouse of course...

For the 32 bits/64 bits version : well you should know that raine has always been full of assembler code, and this code can work only in 32 bits. So this version is of course more tested and more reliable. The 64 bits version works quite well most of the time, but you can still find problem in it as you discovered, but I didn't expect to work that well for most games anyway.

Edited by Tux