Kawa-X Please help me!!!

Kaypatch

Hi,

This is my 1st post and I need help on getting all these NEO_GEO roms working on my Xbox. Everytime I try to load a rom, I always get that message. Every site I go to says:

"In their NEOGEO.ZIP:

NG-LO.ROM should be named 000-LO.LO

NG-SFIX.ROM should be named SFIX.SFX

NEO-GEO.ROM should be named SP-S2.SP1"

What they fail to tell you is how to rename...

I'm not sure what to do, I don't even know how to see what's in my XBOX...

All I know is that I'm dying to play these games and this is the ULTIMATE tease.

It's funny, I can play SVC/Samuri 5/Metal Slug 4, but I can't load these other games...

Please someone help me!!!

well renaming is cake, just right click on the file and choose rename :D

the weird thing tho is that you said you can play svc/samsho5/mslug which also needs the bios files but i'm guessing that your roms of those games has the bios files within :(

i advice u to search somewhere to download a neogeo bios, and put it into the rom directory of your kawa-x

the file that the emu can't load are bios files so just do this

or search for this files into the roms.zip and rename them as they told ya

i asking again

is it normal that in metal slug 4 and kof 2002 is not supported console mode?

please help

What they fail to tell you is how to rename...

I'm not sure what to do, I don't even know how to see what's in my XBOX...

This part confuses me. Where are you playing these games from? Did you burn these to a disc? If not, how did they get onto your XBOX since you don't know how? Your neogeo.zip file will be located in the same folder as the ROMs themselves. Just unzip the files, rename them, and zip them back up.

You're talking to someone that's had this system for 1 day... :(

I don't even know how to upload stuff to my XBOX...

Do I have to connect it to my PC?

How do you rename a file you can't access in the XBOX system, and if you can, how?

Treat me as if I was 5 years old....

It seems like it's loading the bin, but when it gets to the end it comes up with the error screen.

:D help...

I stupid

You're talking to someone that's had this system for 1 day...

I don't even know how to upload stuff to my XBOX...

Do I have to connect it to my PC?  How do you rename a file you can't access in the XBOX system, and if you can, how?

OK... so the games are running off of the hard drive, correct? So I guess someone else set this up for you? They must not have realized that the neogeo.zip files need to be renamed. There is no way to rename the files without accessing your XBOX via your PC. At least none that I'm aware of since you have to unzip the files, rename, and then rezip.

Accessing your XBOX hard drive is pretty easy, but you need a crossover network cable or you need a hub (or router) between your PC and the XBOX. So do you have either a crossover cable or hub on hand?

Thraxen,

I had a guy do this for me, but he lives 3hrs. away and I have no way in contacting him...

All I know is this:

I have 2 Kawa-X in my Emus folder

One has Metal 4/SVC/Sam 5/KOF 2002/ect...

The other has ALL of my NEO-GEO ROMS/Marvel Fighters/and some other Capcom game that works.

So it's like I'm tring to fix something I know very little about... I can make the changes, but I'm missing the basics on how to access certain information.

I had a guy do this for me, but he lives 3hrs. away and I have no way in contacting him...

I've been there. I had someone else put in my chip and hard drive too (some guy in KC). But I've learned a lot since then by asking questions and reading tutorials and such. I'm pretty confident doing most things with my XBOX now.

All I know is this:

I have 2 Kawa-X in my Emus folder

One has Metal 4/SVC/Sam 5/KOF 2002/ect...

The other has ALL of my NEO-GEO ROMS/Marvel Fighters/and some other Capcom game that works.

OK, that is how I set mine up too. I have one stock KawaX and then KawaX SE for all the newer ROMs. Do you have a program called "boXplorer" on your XBOX? It might be under a menu called "Apps" in your dashboard.