Change default NGCD region?

Amaryllis

Hello there!, is there any way to select a default language for NGCD games to run?, it is in Europe by default, but I would like to change to Japan. If I set the game to Japan in the emulator the game works, but it always goes back to Europe if I load a new game or when I exit the emulator. Any way to make Japan my default region?, thank you. 😃

If you quit by the command quit and not by closing the window the setting is saved for the current game.

There is no global setting for that, just a reasonable default which is usually Europe.

edit : after checking the code, the last region selected in a game is taken as default region for all the neocd games, and then if you load a game where you never selected a region before, this same region is taken (saved as the region for the neocd bios).

And all regions are saved in config/games.cfg.

Edited by Tux

Thank you very much for the answer!

I have been able to save every settings under "NeoCD/Neo-Geo options"(I needed these as well) and other emulator settings by using quit, but, for some reason the region is never saved, it will always go back to Europe.

The game I am trying to play right now is NAM-1975. I tried checking the games.cfg file, but all I could find in the file was this: 

wjeNkAn.png

I tried changing the number under "romversion" but nothing happened. Could it be that I have the command line for region missing?, maybe I can add it by myself?. Oh, by the way, I am using Raine 0.91.19!

Well I don't know what you're doing wrong, I just downloaded nam-1975 neocd to be sure, no problem here, the config you are showing shows japan as the selected region, I tested it shows indeed Japan as the region while playing and you see the Japanese chars, even if you quit and reload, end of the problem for me, be sure to use the latest version.

• Thanks 1

Oh My God...after reading your message, I finally noticed the real problem is that I AM stupid and because I was so focused in the menu I didn't notice the region is, in fact, correct, the game is in Japanese, HOWEVER, the menu still displays "Europe" for some reason, and because I didn't play, I just loaded the game and checked the Raine menu over and over again I didn't see the in-game text being in Japanese until now. So that means, even though the region shows up as Europe, it is, in fact, in Japanese. Kinda weird, but it's working fine. xD

Thank you very much for everything mr.Tux, and sorry about my mistake...! T_T

The region is just initialized after the 1st loading sequence, so if you have loading animations you must wait for the end of the 1st sequence for that.

Before that there is not even a Region displayed in the menu... anyway !

• Haha 1