MESS, MESSUI and MAMEUI 0.234

Robert

Tried 0.233 with the known problems. The exe does not launch. Can compile 234 to test later...

Edit: Same problem with 0.234. It's strange this does not happen with arcade, hbmameui and mameui.

Edited by StHiryu

On 7/31/2021 at 10:44 AM, StHiryu said:

Tried 0.233 with the known problems. The exe does not launch. Can compile 234 to test later...

Edit: Same problem with 0.234. It's strange this does not happen with arcade, hbmameui and mameui.

Hi,

the last time I've compiled MessUI32 was with version 0.230, and it worked with the following changes:

In src\mame\: copy messui.txt mess.flt

In src\osd\winui\: copy ui.rc mameui.rc

I guess this will still work for newer MessUI32 versions, too - maybe give it a try ...

23 hours ago, CBF said:

Hi,

the last time I've compiled MessUI32 was with version 0.230, and it worked with the following changes:

In src\mame\: copy messui.txt mess.flt

In src\osd\winui\: copy ui.rc mameui.rc

I guess this will still work for newer MessUI32 versions, too - maybe give it a try ...

Where do you obtain those files to copy from (messui.txt mess.flt ui.rc mameui.rc)?

2 hours ago, StHiryu said:

Where do you obtain those files to copy from (messui.txt mess.flt ui.rc mameui.rc)?

Well, for v0.230 these files are in the 'Source' download (file 'messui230s.7z') on this website:

https://www.progettosnaps.net/messui/

(Of course for 0.234 it should be 'messui234s.7z', but it's not availbale yet)

For MessUI32 v0.230 I first used Robert's main file (messui-master), then copied this small source update (messui230s.7z)

from ProgrettoSnaps over it, and finally I made these 2 changes mentioned above (at least since MessUI32 v0.230

that doesn't run anymore without these changes).

Edit: I just saw, that these 2 files even exist in the original 'messui-master' in the folders 'src\mame\' resp. in

'src\osd\winui\'.

Edited by CBF

@StHiryu : I was about to say that the file locations are right there in the text you quoted.

Obviously I'm not going to recommend using bits of code from old versions - there's a reason for having newer code.

You need to consider that you are able to build MAMEUI, and MESSUI is simply a subset of that. So you need to find out what you're not doing correctly.

40 minutes ago, Robert said:

Obviously I'm not going to recommend using bits of code from old versions - there's a reason for having newer code.

The 2 files I've mentioned are not from old versions at all, I just saw that they are even included in your original 'messui-master'.

So it seems, that for MessUI32 these 2 files need to be used instead of the 'official' files in your source!